SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
04 9-3 Aero, 08 9-3 Aero, 09 2.0T XWD
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have purchased a new entire strut tower, looking to weld it up but there's a gap between the body and the strut tower where it curves, while I initially thought I would tackle this myself, I have decided to outsource it but the car is in the drive way so it's standing on three wheels and a jack stand. Any advice for getting this to line up? I am ready to finish this car as it's sat in the driveway for over a year.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Alignment is critical, get help from someone that has welded the chassis of a kit or homebuild car, get it wrong on the strut and it might cause lots of grief from alignment to mystery CV joint pop-outs.

·
Registered
04 9-3 Aero, 08 9-3 Aero, 09 2.0T XWD
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alignment is critical, get help from someone that has welded the chassis of a kit or homebuild car, get it wrong on the strut and it might cause lots of grief from alignment to mystery CV joint pop-outs.
I agree, I wonder if I'll have to tow, this part has me nervous as I have one shot at it or else I'll have to cut from a donor car at some junk yard which is loads of work. I swapped this car from non eLSD to eLSD equipped and it's almost ready, I know if I tackle this myself, I'll probably ruin it or make crappy welds. There are tons of little spots around me that claim to weld but I think they mostly do pipes and fab work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts