SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured id check my tires for proper inflation and oddly 2 of the tires wouldnt read a proper pressure.. They would instantly jumpand max out the gauge and goes over 50 psi which seems impossible. Its very odd, ive never had this problem..

Could it be my valve stem core thingys?

·
Registered
12,355 Posts
Did you get tires recently? If so, then the tire guys just used high pressure to seal the bead, and never dropped the pressure.

On the other hand, it could be the guage. Try checking with another guage.

I have a different problem. I have Yokohama directional tires and the sidewalls are so stiff that the air pressure can be down to zero (slow leak) and the tires "look" normal. That's why I check them monthly - just-in-case... Ron

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tires are still the og that came with the car and theyre in decent condition, and ive tried numerous gauges...
Illtake it to a tire shop and see what they say
Did you get tires recently? If so, then the tire guys just used high pressure to seal the bead, and never dropped the pressure.

On the other hand, it could be the guage. Try checking with another guage.

I have a different problem. I have Yokohama directional tires and the sidewalls are so stiff that the air pressure can be down to zero (slow leak) and the tires "look" normal. That's why I check them monthly - just-in-case... Ron

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I havent tried that, what if the reading does or doesnt drop?
If you let some air out, does the gauge reading drop accordingly?

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Lets hope that you have some compressed air handy, lest you do over-bleed.
Want to know more about air and pressure?
Check out Roger Brown at the VW pickup truck site.:cheesy:
I must have gone thru 40 air pressure gages, they hang up, fall apart and are inaccurate. Now I have a dial type from HF which seems to be accurate.

·
Registered
422 Posts
The reading should drop... if it doesn't, then either the gauge is broken or I have no idea what's going on.

Also, give each tire a thump with a length of lumber or something similar. Each tire should "feel" and sound the same.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Has the temperature fallen in the last few days; by at least 20 degrees? We just had straight 30 degrees for 10 days and it jumped to 50. The colder the air the more dense it is, meaning what you normally set your tires for in the summer will over inflate in the winter.
Get it.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ive tried numerous gauges and still no difference..Im clueless as well
The reading should drop... if it doesn't, then either the gauge is broken or I have no idea what's going on.

Also, give each tire a thump with a length of lumber or something similar. Each tire should "feel" and sound the same.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It has nohing t do with temperature, ive had this prob for a while now
Has the temperature fallen in the last few days; by at least 20 degrees? We just had straight 30 degrees for 10 days and it jumped to 50. The colder the air the more dense it is, meaning what you normally set your tires for in the summer will over inflate in the winter.
Get it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts