SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for about the past three weeks- every time I start my car- I've received a mesaage on the SID about "HEADLIGHT FAILURE". However, my lights work perfectly. The bulbs haven't ever been replaced and I don't see any visual evidence that this reading is true. And my fogs work as well, in case anyone is wondering. Any ideas?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,876 Posts
Are both bulbs the same brand? The sensor must be getting diffrent readings from both. That sensor is a bit too sensitive.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, the high beams work well too. That's the first thing Nick Taliaferro asked me to check as well...

And in regard to above the only way the bulbs are of differing brands is if the car came out of the factory that way, which could be possible, I suppose.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,876 Posts
Wasn't there a fuse for the high beams??? Not sure any more. I have several cars and each company has a diffrent way of doing things :roll:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ballantine said:
Lamp Control relay is broken.
Is that just the knob next to my steering wheel? because I can turn my fogs on and off via that switch, so it seems to be working...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,583 Posts
slspf2 said:
So for about the past three weeks- every time I start my car- I've received a message on the SID about "HEADLIGHT FAILURE". However, my lights work perfectly. The bulbs haven't ever been replaced and I don't see any visual evidence that this reading is true. And my fogs work as well, in case anyone is wondering. Any ideas?
So you are the OO(original owner), this seems to be rare here..
And the headlights are original ? At a time when they seem to last but 6 months to a year ??
I believe if you remove the two and measure the resistance, there will be a slight difference.
A Hkayssi stated, the computer is too sensitive...
Probably poor advice, but why not buy two new "super" bulbs (Osram Rally 65), your bulbs may not last too much longer..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
earthworm said:
So you are the OO(original owner), this seems to be rare here..
And the headlights are original ? At a time when they seem to last but 6 months to a year ??
I believe if you remove the two and measure the resistance, there will be a slight difference.
A Hkayssi stated, the computer is too sensitive...
Probably poor advice, but why not buy two new "super" bulbs (Osram Rally 65), your bulbs may not last too much longer..
Ah well I'm actually not the OO. But I don't know the woman who sold it to me well enough that I can trust when she said she never replaced them... her husband probably did behind her back or something. I'll check under the hood and see what's up.

Either way, are you talking about the Osram Nightbreakers or are they a different model? I will probably just replace the bulbs to make sure everything is alright. Not to mention my bulbs right now shine golden piss color.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
slspf2 said:
Is that just the knob next to my steering wheel? because I can turn my fogs on and off via that switch, so it seems to be working...
No. That's the light switch. Lamp control relay is located in the engine bay (relay box). The main and dippet beam function is monitored by lamp control relay. If the lamp control relay fails, system thinks that the lights aren't working correctly and the result is an error message on SID.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ballantine said:
No. That's the light switch. Lamp control relay is located in the engine bay (relay box). The main and dippet beam function is monitored by lamp control relay. If the lamp control relay fails, system thinks that the lights aren't working correctly and the result is an error message on SID.
Ok, well that's a $150 part. We'll just pretend that isn't the problem.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,876 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top