SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hmm, I posted this already but i think it got moved or deleted, and I don't know why:(

First thing is that I didn't see a thread for the saab racing stories, and I think there should be one. Is there one? Is that why my thng got moved?

Well, anyways, in connection with the theme subject above, I got a huge power numbers. I gteched my car, before it heat soaked, just warmed up. Second gear run, wieght of the car 3600lb(including 200lb of me, 25lb my books, full gas tank, spare and tools, so 3600 is conservative I think). The road is straight, and I run gtech there before and it gave accurate numbers. Ambient was 40F. Well, i got 225hp and 330ft/lb. (That's after drivetrain loss, air resistance, tire rolling resistance, etc). Drivetrain loss is usually consiered 15%, but with air resistance and rolling resistance, i think 20% loss is acceptable. Well, that said, it means I have something like 270hp, and 396ft/lb. It was the first boost for the morning, so, everything, the IC, the intake, the tubes were cold. 270hp is right on the dot with stage 3 maptun. But 396ft/lb is to much.

Klim

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
P.S. Race was done on a closed road course. All characters are fictional.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
mulik51 said:
P.S. Race was done on a closed road course. All characters are fictional.
Not from the way you posted it. :nono;
So don't push it :evil: , plenty of other sites where you can go on and brag about how you killed this and that and only running base boost etc etc and go faster stripes.....JUST NOT HERE! ;)

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Allright, that's cool, you are the moderator, it is your choice.

I don't think however, that sharing a true good race is necesseraly bragging about. It was kosher, not something I made up, not on a base boost. I put enough work an money into my car for it to be repsected on the road. Somewhat:D
So, I am not trying to push anything, but I think being dismissive like that is not justified.
And it would be nice if you guys could send like a PM if there is something wrong with people's posts, I spent like two hours yeasterday thinking that i def saw it being posted, and where the hell did it go....

Anyways, getting back to the subject, can those numbers me real for garrett 25?

Thanks,

Klim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts