SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

My 2008 9-3 2.0T stopped working. I went to start my car after a week or so & put the key in the ignition but didn't hear the wheel release and got a msg "key not accepted". I wasn't able to turn the key at all

This was the fob that I had been using for a long time & all the other buttons worked cause I could still lock n unlock the doors. Luckily, I have a second key and that seemed to work.

What could be my issue? It can't be the battery cause I changed it and the fact that the other Keyes were working.

What am I running into?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Not exactly sure. Pretty much TECH2 time. Just wanted to point out the "lock/unlock" buttons and "engine start" are totally unrelated as far as the FOB is concerned. The FOB battery powers the buttons and their various functions, only. The ignition component of the FOB works with radio frequencies (RFID chip), the CIM and the ISM. That's the reason for the "blade key" hidden in the FOB (you do have a working blade key in your FOB, yes?). Should your FOB battery die while the car is locked (and you're not in it), the blade is used to open the door. You can then get in and start the car normally, with the FOB (dead FOB battery and all).
Sometimes a FOB will just simply stop working. They don't last forever and often take a lot of abuse, are in terrible condition and "on their last leg", anyway. Replacements aren't too expensive and easily paired to the car with a TECH2 (only way to do it) and working FOB. You should ALWAYS have 2 working FOBS!!! Blade keys are also readily available and cut using VIN info.
Don't wait until your only working FOB dies.....because then you'll be screwed.
If you have a TECH2 you could always try to re-add your non-working FOB to the car. However, it may just be toast.

·
Registered
9,941 Posts
RFID failed. Get new fob ASAP. Remember that only original fob works.
You need TECH2 (and security access) to add it to your car.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
You already did with your two fob A-B test.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts