SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so here my problem...my front fog lights work completely fine. heres the catch they only turn on with my high beams!! if i turn the high beams off the fog lights turn off also...and if i hit the front fog light button while high beams are off nothing happens. could it be the switch? relay? whats going on :(

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Alright so here my problem...my front fog lights work completely fine. heres the catch they only turn on with my high beams!! if i turn the high beams off the fog lights turn off also...and if i hit the front fog light button while high beams are off nothing happens. could it be the switch? relay? whats going on :(

Could also be a tech II setting....Im not completely familiar with the tech II settings, but I do know there are adjustments that can be made regarding when fog lights can come on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could also be a tech II setting....Im not completely familiar with the tech II settings, but I do know there are adjustments that can be made regarding when fog lights can come on.
alright this is weird because i know fog lights are factory setup to turn off when you turn on your high beams. unless they are modded, correct? but i never thought about the tech 2...ill have to give it a try. where would i be able to get do that?

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
That's just weird. If your DRL's have not been disabled, the fogs should go out if you hit the highs. I think your on the right track thinking switch/relay.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's just weird. If your DRL's have not been disabled, the fogs should go out if you hit the highs. I think your on the right track thinking switch/relay.
i know its working the opposite, its driving me insane...i dont know what to try first

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I believe they make them go off with the highs by using a wire to link the high beams to the fog....it acts as a ground, but when you turn on the hoghs the wire gets + so they go off. If one of these is bad, I think you'd have the opposite opperation....just a guess though. Maybe physically get down and inspect the wires going to both fogs, see if anything looks off, for water entry etc...

Sean

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I believe they make them go off with the highs by using a wire to link the high beams to the fog....it acts as a ground, but when you turn on the hoghs the wire gets + so they go off. If one of these is bad, I think you'd have the opposite opperation....just a guess though. Maybe physically get down and inspect the wires going to both fogs, see if anything looks off, for water entry etc...

Sean
alright im going under to check. would that mis-connection cause the actual fog light button to also not function? ill keep the forums posted...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts