SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drive a 2004 9-3 Arc Convertible, not a lot of problems lately, the baby has 133k miles on it and was serviced not to long ago. Today I hit about 90mph and right after that I've noticed this rumbling noise when I stop at stop lights, the RPM gauge goes slightly up and down 1000 rpm and when I throw it in neutral (automatic car btw) it sounds a little less noticeable. When this is all happening the engine light is flickering and the lights and SID are even showing a tad flicker as well. When I turn the car off and on there is no problem until I put it in drive or neutral. Anyone else experience this?

·
Registered
362 Posts
If the Check engine light is flashing rapidly, it means It's misfiring and damaging the cat. Your best bet is to have the code/s read and see what's going on. You may be do for a tune up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Here is a video, now I hear this hissing as captured in the video. Is this a vacuum hose leak, will this cause a misfire and or the harsh idle?
Thanks in advance

Edit: Found a broken hose, taped it up, works great -- for now

·
Registered
9 Posts
vacuum leak

check next to the dipstick up and to the back if you have gloves on there should be a rubber elbow that is more likely demolished which is why youre having the excessive idling that elbow is apart of your normal maintenance due to heat and cooling, water and freezing that tends to need to be replaced after every winter. its pretty much a Saab only item but finding a replacement isnt too rough autozone usually has a 1/2" pcv elbow that does the trick until the next winter ends.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts