SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow Saabmates,

I've done my research and searched the forums, but couldn't find anyone with the same issue I'm having. Any guidance/help/redirects are welcomed and appreciated.

Currently my blower motor is not blowing; however, this is what I have done already in an attempt to fix it:

I first checked all my AC/HVAC fuses to make sure none of them were blown, I removed my blower motor, lubed it up and made sure the propeller wasn't seized, which it isn't, it spins perfectly. (I actually applied power to only the blower motor itself to see if it spins, and when it receives power it spins just fine). So with that knowledge in mind, I figured it was a bad blower motor resistor, so I went ahead and ordered a new one.

I just received the blower motor resistor today and installed it in hopes of finally being able to feel cold air, and with the new resistor installed, nothing. No air comes through the vents just as before.

So as of now I'm confused and lost and wanted to turn here for some help. I don't believe it would be a bad blower motor since it spun when I connected it to power. Also, the blower motor resistor connector does not have any burn marks, so the connector itself looks fine.

Again, help is appreciated. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
20,436 Posts
You need to get a multimeter out and check the resistor connector to see if power is getting there. Was it melted?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The connector looks totally fine visibly. But I guess it could still not be receiving power. Do you happen to know which pins I need to measure?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Do you have a manual climate control or auto climate control? I went through the same with a customer 9-3. It ended up being a relay behind the fuse panel for the interior. If you remove the bottom cover on the driver side, grab a flash light and look up where the fuse panel sits. You should be able to see relays.

·
Super Moderator
20,436 Posts
Driver's side fusebox, #23, big 40amp upper right corner.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts