SaabCentral Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,652 Posts
following. thanks for the tip
No problem. I’ve started looking around for headlight covers my Giulia and stumbled across that site. The headlights are pretty good size and don’t want to imagine what they cost to replace. Lol

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I picked a few sets of OEM halogens on ebay for very cheap but they kept burning out on me. I noticed that the passenger side clip for the bulb itself is completely torn up. Each prong is on a seprate wire so I had to put a good amount of tape together to get them to be at least close together. I ended up picking up a set of LEDs. No flickering, just the "front headlight" message. Also installed backup camera / dash camera combo. And since we are doing the whole social distancing, I ended up picking up some ceramic coating and put 2 layers on. Will try to tackle the rust spots next when its warmer out.

IMG_20200315_211023.jpg
IMG_20200315_224728.jpg

IMG_20200315_224958.jpg

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Thanks. I don't have the exact link cause I was able to find a refurbished one on ebay but this one looks to be the exact kit I bought. This one has night vision which mine doesn't have.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Thats pretty slick but i would miss my integrated garage door openers. I also have an auto dimming mirror which I didn’t see in the description. Maybe I’ll wait to to see what version two includes. Thanks for pointing it out though!

·
Registered
572 Posts
Nice 9-5. I had a 2001 with this color. I also had that little spoiler in the rear.....always liked it.

I am pleased to see some of the work you have done like the silicon vacuum lines.

I am less impressed with the air filter mod. You can get parts for the original air filter housing from eSaabparts. They are not very expensive. Water is a problem with you set up, and keep your MAF operating properly is critcal. I would replace it with a new OEM one just to be safe. Why is it critical? Well if it is not working well your can crack a piston really fast! That gets expensive.....really expenssive. So the lesson here is keep the OEM air filter sytem and make sure the MAF is working as It should....always smart to replace it often with a good OEM Saab unit.

Other things i have not seen in this thread that i would do on a new 9-5 are the following:

oil and filter change to good synthetic 0w-40
Transmission flush....well actually 3x refil the right way with fresh fluid
brake fluid flush
Cooling system maintenance including new coolant, Upper hose, lower hose. Pressure test of the system.

These are more important that adding a tune or gadgets at this stage.

Just my 2 cents worth after having owned and maintained 7 9-5s.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts