SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is the GS downpipe. Will be doing before and after videos, so yes the thread has a point.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
This is the GS downpipe. Will be doing before and after videos, so yes the thread has a point.

I'm sorry, for me, this is all that shows up. I though there was a post then it was edited and only the "...:)" was put in. I thought the post was made, then edited/deleted...

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was an image I uploaded on Facebook. Not sure why it doesn't show up. Should have been just a little teaser pic of the downpipe I'll be installing tomorrow.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Install wasn't really difficult. You have to remove the lower intercooler pipe (near the oil pan) in order to wiggle the stock cat out of the way, it's a big pain in the butt.

Also, getting the O2 sensors out proved a bit more challenging, as they were seized in place. Finally got them switched over, no CELs yet.

Getting the new pipe in is wicked easy, requires an extra set of hands to help navigate and rest it on the studs on the turbo housing, other than that it's a breeze to install.

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
Install wasn't really difficult. You have to remove the lower intercooler pipe (near the oil pan) in order to wiggle the stock cat out of the way, it's a big pain in the butt.

Also, getting the O2 sensors out proved a bit more challenging, as they were seized in place. Finally got them switched over, no CELs yet.

Getting the new pipe in is wicked easy, requires an extra set of hands to help navigate and rest it on the studs on the turbo housing, other than that it's a breeze to install.
So the little bracket on the side of the pipe, what is that a mount? Does it hook up to a mounting location that was used by the OEM cat?

·
Registered
862 Posts
Hey Nijel, no I wasn't talking about the 2 skinny rod/legs at the bottom. Those I know slip into the rubber hangers. I meant the little bracket with the hole near the bulge of the sport cat.
On the V6 downpipe, those are to attach the heat shield. I suspect this is also the case for yourself, as long as they are threaded inside.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts