SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, just a little status update, today wasn't a good day for me at ALL, and my head really hasn't been working well, and smart me underestimated Uma's turning radius in walmart parking lot and put her front right wheel up on a concrete divider :roll: (gee, eerily close to my one year curb fiasco anniversary). anyway! i was like "well, hell, i KNOW i can't go forward, lets try back" put it in reverse, held it hard, let the clutch out slow and gave it gas... all it did was go "bam bam bam babam BAM!" never even moved. i don't think it works at all anymore :confused: i ended up having to get out and push her with all my might, and i only finally got her off the curb once a friendly passerby (rather big passerby, thank god), came over and helped me push her off the curb so i could go forward and into a different line of parking spots
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,382 Posts
mikewitdaspike said:
well, just a little status update, today wasn't a good day for me at ALL,
Your girlfriend is a ***** okay so go have a beer or something :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
900t said:
Your girlfriend is a ***** okay so go have a beer or something :p
i don't have a girlfriend :x and apparently the prospective one thinks i'm annoying and wishes i would go away :confused: and i would LOVE a beer... shame i'm only 18 in a country where you gotta be 21
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,701 Posts
mikewitdaspike said:
i don't have a girlfriend :x and apparently the prospective one thinks i'm annoying and wishes i would go away :confused: and i would LOVE a beer... shame i'm only 18 in a country where you gotta be 21

sounds like a lack of determination and/or older friends
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DanF. said:
sounds like a lack of determination and/or older friends
haha, oh, i get it, but its not very common because my parents aren't big on alcohol until your 21... although dad DID let me try some baileys in front of him the other night
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,382 Posts
mikewitdaspike said:
haha, oh, i get it, but its not very common because my parents aren't big on alcohol until your 21... although dad DID let me try some baileys in front of him the other night
Silly Virgins :lol:

(always listen to your parents if they pay the bills ;))
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
900t said:
Silly Virgins :lol:

(always listen to your parents if they pay the bills ;))
:eek: virgin? i am in no way a virgin :lol: and i pay... most of my own bills ;oops: don't pay rent, electricity, or water, but i pay my insurance, gas, about half my food, and anything else i want... oh yah, i pay for my phone, too
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,382 Posts
What do you call someone who lives in Virginia then? :cheesy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,078 Posts
Hey Mike - you're not one of the reasons for the braile keys at drive thru ATM's are ya? :roll: Now, be honest pal, what was your approximate forward velocity while "underestimating" the turning radius of a vehicle you've owned for over a year?

Guys, whatever you do - don't encourage Mike to drink!:eek:

Ok - I'm done pickin' on ya ;) - so any idea what went clunk on Uma?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,034 Posts
The whole 21 age came in during the repressive 80'd Reagan era when the "greatest generation" was still on a tight grip on power and not liking at all the surge of attitude change "booming" behind them. Its not historical, its not appropriate and its not effective. But the US is a weird mix of notions of what's right and wrong and what consensus is. To make social norms illegal seems pretty repressive and head in the sand-like. But who am I to question.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,078 Posts
TheRedBaron said:
Stick to communion wine ;) ....6 days a week :lol:


(to quote the late Townes Van Zandt)
Ahh Thunderbird - ain't no indian trinkent ... it's a wine and you drink drink drink it!:cheesy:

Now I gotta get them grape seeds outta my teeth and get back to work!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,779 Posts
SteveTheFolkie said:
Ahh Thunderbird - ain't no indian trinkent ... it's a wine and you drink drink drink it!:cheesy:

Now I gotta get them grape seeds outta my teeth and get back to work!
I told my wife I'd better get in touch with her later,

She said forget it, you're never touching me again!

:lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,320 Posts
TheRedBaron said:
I told my wife I'd better get in touch with her later,

She said forget it, you're never touching me again!

:lol:
Aaahh, the Christmas spirit is over us. :cheesy:

Mike, you may want to take the 5th gear cover (the one on the front, under the clutch) and see if you have nasty bits there. Probably draining the transmission first would be nice to seach for the previously mentioned bits. Also, check if the rubber thingie that connects the shifter to the transmission is still there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,078 Posts
TheRedBaron said:
I told my wife I'd better get in touch with her later,

She said forget it, you're never touching me again!

:lol:
Always nice to find that you're not the only one who appreciates great music - now on to Blaze Foley .....:cheesy:

In his oval room
in his rockin' chair
he's the President
but I don't care ....

Glad I'm not a moderator on THIS board - I'd have to sanction myself!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,779 Posts
SteveTheFolkie said:
Always nice to find that you're not the only one who appreciates great music - now on to Blaze Foley .....:cheesy:

In his oval room
in his rockin' chair
he's the President
but I don't care ....

Glad I'm not a moderator on THIS board - I'd have to sanction myself!
I'll have to look him up, never heard of him!

Mike - does reverse seem to work fine now?

edit - pats himself on back for getting on topic :cheesy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
SteveTheFolkie said:
Hey Mike - you're not one of the reasons for the braile keys at drive thru ATM's are ya? :roll: Now, be honest pal, what was your approximate forward velocity while "underestimating" the turning radius of a vehicle you've owned for over a year?

Guys, whatever you do - don't encourage Mike to drink!:eek:

Ok - I'm done pickin' on ya ;) - so any idea what went clunk on Uma?
under 5mph, i swear to God. i uh... wasn't thinking very well, and thought i was just on the corner of the thing, so i put it in first, revved it up and let the clutch out slowly to just go over the corner... i wasnt on the corner ;oops:

EDIT: it still goes into reverse, but i can't even let the clutch out halfway before it tries to jump out of gear... speaking of, it isn't even trying very hard anymore... it used to be strong enough that i couldn't hold it, now i can... and if the car is off, it'll still keep it from rolling if it's in reverse gear, but it won't move in reverse if you try to drive it
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top