SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need weatherstripping for my 89 900 convertible and have a heck of a time trying to find it. I'm replacing the top and I need the stripping that fits between the top frame and the windows. The dealer can't help me either. Has anyone found a vendor the sells it by the roll that will work my car?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I love thesaabsite.com, but that's gona break the bank. Isn't there weatherstripping out there you can buy and cut and make custom fit? What's gona happen when thesaabsite runs out of supply on this stuff?

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
I have thought about making my own, but the parts you really need to replace are not simple to create. Youd have to make a mold and injection mold the parts. Ugh!
You want the 3 seals for the roof and the one on either side of the windscreen. I also got the quarter window seals and will be removing and powder coating my holders before I re-attach the seals. The window sweeper rubbers were the ones that really killed me. So much $ for a simple hunk of rubber, but I can't find a suitable substitute, so...:roll:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I've been doing some research and I'm looking for other convertibles with similar weatherstripping. There has to be something out there. Really, what's gona happen if no one is still making the parts, and things are waiting to go into obsolete status? I'll let everyone know what I can come up with.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Please do!!
I would like to replace all my outside window seals on the doors...
The wiper ones!
This is where the water can get in and rot the doors:cry:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
scubasaab said:
Please do!!
I would like to replace all my outside window seals on the doors...
The wiper ones!
This is where the water can get in and rot the doors:cry:
I've noticed that the 2001 Eclipse and the Solstice have similar weatherstripping. I also came across http://www.metrommp.com/ that is near my residence. I'm gona take them a sample on Monday and see if thay can match it. I'll keep you posted.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts