SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 2002 9-5 Arc which seems to have a few AC issues.

The air that it blows out is very cool, but it blows a very minimal amount of flow from the front vents, particularly on the driver's side. I think that the cause might be related to whatever the mechanism is that controls the switch between the front and feet cooling configurations, as it always blows on my feet regardless of the settings I impose. I can increase/decrease the fan settings, but it only changes how hard it blows on my feet. There seems to be a similar issue on the front passenger side as well, but isn't as marked. The rear vents blow fine.

I wasn't able to find many results about this issue and don't know cars very well, but I'm a pretty handy guy and was wondering if this was an issue I might be able to handle on my own, or if I'll need to take it in to get worked on. I'd appreciate any input. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
You can go the stickie at the top of the forum labled Faq and minor maintenance help Look for ACC fault finding. But what you do is press auto and off at the same time and read the codes

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't have time this morning to check the FAQ, but was curious to see what pressing auto and off at the same time would do. The number 0 showed up on the AC panel, and the AC turned off for a minute or two. When it started back up, everything seemed to work fine - full power from the front vents, and full control over the front/bottom fan settings! That was all it needed. Thanks for the help and pointing me in the right direction.

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
I didn't have time this morning to check the FAQ, but was curious to see what pressing auto and off at the same time would do. The number 0 showed up on the AC panel, and the AC turned off for a minute or two. When it started back up, everything seemed to work fine - full power from the front vents, and full control over the front/bottom fan settings! That was all it needed. Thanks for the help and pointing me in the right direction.
It recalibrates the system if there was an error.
If it showed 0 you are good, your servo motors could have been out of sync ( happens sometimes with electircal spikes, low voltage from a bad battery or alternator, or if you stall with the car on sometimes)
Good we could help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.