SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could this be?? My battery is getting weak and I have been chasing a miss that no mater what I do it doesn't seam to fix it. I let my battery go dead yesterday while listening to the radio while working in the car. This morning I jumped the car and it's running really rough. Could the battery be the cause??

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
A weak battery will cause all kinds of wierd things, but I dont recall anyone linking a miss to the battery. You need to get over to an auto parts store and get the code which likely will show up and then report back here. Not much to tell you without the code. they will do it for free or give you one to do yourself in the parking lot.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Could this be?? My battery is getting weak and I have been chasing a miss that no mater what I do it doesn't seam to fix it. I let my battery go dead yesterday while listening to the radio while working in the car. This morning I jumped the car and it's running really rough. Could the battery be the cause??
If your battery died, then your ECU most likely reset itself. You will run somewhat rough while the ECU remaps your engine.

You can have advance check the battery for you and the charging circuit. If your battery is known to be weak, no sense in waiting for it to be dead. All of your electrical stuff hates a brown out.

If you're sure your battery is weak, replace it, whether it is causing your problems or not. Because no matter what you do from here on out, you'll always be wondering if it's the battery. It's easy to fix and relatively cheap.

If you don't know for sure that your battery is weak, go to advance and have them test the system and pull your OBD codes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts