SaabCentral Forums banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
I will be here during your transition to the new platform, to help with any questions, help with navigation or how to do things, and to listen to your feedback so please don't hesitate to holler at me. I want to help.

I do want to take a moment to introduce myself. My name is Cricket. When I was born, my father told his friends I was the ugliest baby he had ever seen, and that I sounded just like a cricket (yes, the insect) so I have been Cricket for nearly 58 years now. I live just outside of San Antonio, Texas and spend most of my off time out in nature. I spend my vacation, in the fall, hiking and camping.

I have worked with the company for nearly 5 years now. I won't always know the answers to your questions, but I can find someone who does, as needed. ;)

- Cricket
Hi Cricket,

Have you ever met anyone else named Cricket? And did you used to live in Indiana? The reason I ask is that I worked with someone who's wife was named Cricket. If that wasn't you, then there are at least two of you out there.

I also had a question about the site. I have been having problems for a while connecting from my phone through the AutoGuide app. Not sure if that is something on my side or not. I do like the new site though - easier on the eyes, except that I think there are more ads.

·
Administrator
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Hi Cricket,

Have you ever met anyone else named Cricket? And did you used to live in Indiana? The reason I ask is that I worked with someone who's wife was named Cricket. If that wasn't you, then there are at least two of you out there.

I also had a question about the site. I have been having problems for a while connecting from my phone through the AutoGuide app. Not sure if that is something on my side or not. I do like the new site though - easier on the eyes, except that I think there are more ads.
I have actually met quite a few folks with my name over the years. And, nope. I have never lived in Indiana.

I believe the AutoGuide app has been discontinued for the new platform.

Have you tried accessing the site from your mobile browser yet?

The site is responsive, so it will adjust automatically for you from any device.

Check it out and let me know what you think!

- Cricket

·
Registered
87 Posts
Do we know where all the other 9-3 sub forums went? There used to be a performance section, now we just have :
9-3 Sedan, Cabrio '04+, Combi, 9-3X Workshop

·
Administrator
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Do we know where all the other 9-3 sub forums went? There used to be a performance section, now we just have :
9-3 Sedan, Cabrio '04+, Combi, 9-3X Workshop
Are you looking on this page?

Were there more subforums under that section before? (I am doing some checking.)

- Cricket

·
Registered
616 Posts

Were there more subforums under that section before? (I am doing some checking.)
View attachment 268570
- Cricket
[/QUO

View attachment 268570
- Cricket
If I can recall, there were 2 more.

·
Registered
87 Posts
There was a workshop but then a separate performance section but i think there were actually about 4 separate subforums if I remember correctly...

·
Administrator
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #48

·
Administrator
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
How To Multi-Quote

Step 1
: Click the multi-quote icon at the bottom of each post that you want to quote.

Step 2: Scroll down to the text editor where you are going to write your post. Click "Insert Quotes".

Step 3: A small window will pop up for you to verify (or delete) quoted content that will be added to your post. Click "Quote messages".

Final Step: The quoted content will automatically be added to the text editor. Add your comments and click to post your reply.

Added Notes: You can multi-quote from more than one discussion thread in the forum. You can also simply highlight the part of the text you want to quote. A small popup will allow you to choose the multi-quote option using just the selected content.

- Cricket

·
Registered
737 Posts
my windows 10 computer will allow me to sign in but my iOS tablet and phone will not accept my user name and password...
is there anything that can be done regarding this matter?
thanks in advance
s

·
Administrator
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
my windows 10 computer will allow me to sign in but my iOS tablet and phone will not accept my user name and password...
is there anything that can be done regarding this matter?
thanks in advance
s
Can you try clearing your cache and disabling any pop-up blockers or plugins?

Also, make sure you are not on private browsing or incognito mode.

Jeff M

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
Let me see what I can find out.

- Cricket
AFAIK the mods of the 2003+ 9-3 forum area decided that one sub forum was easier to manage than the four separate sub forums. They have merged them all together.

I have another question though.
In the new layout the old profile information (My Saab’s) does not appear. This was helpful when used properly as it indicated year and model information to help contributors give better answers more quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
AFAIK the mods of the 2003+ 9-3 forum area decided that one sub forum was easier to manage than the four separate sub forums. They have merged them all together.

I have another question though.
In the new layout the old profile information (My Saab’s) does not appear. This was helpful when used properly as it indicated year and model information to help contributors give better answers more quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We have expanded the signature permissions so users can add that info there. They can also add links to their show case with more detailed vehicle info.
-Philip

·
Registered
737 Posts
on my tablet (iPad) even when trying to request a new password from the log-in page i get a "CAPTCHA" message irritatingly saying "oops, there is a problem". well, duh, thanks...

i love the new format 🤬

·
Administrator
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
on my tablet (iPad) even when trying to request a new password from the log-in page i get a "CAPTCHA" message irritatingly saying "oops, there is a problem". well, duh, thanks...

i love the new format 🤬
It sounds like a wrong password is stuck in there. I am sending you a private (PM) conversation.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Advanced search is back. :)

How To Search The Site

Near the top of the community, you will see a search bar.

Simply enter your search word or phrase and click enter on your keyboard.

How To Access Advanced Search

If you have already entered your search words in the search bar but want to narrow down your results or choose to search only certain forum selections, click on “Advanced Search”.

This will allow you to choose to search titles only, add the member username who posted it or even select a specific forum to search from the scroll menu within search in forums.

If you prefer to go directly to advanced search, you can access it under the 3 vertical dots at the top right-hand corner of the community.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Forum forgets "new posts" and even some (my) answers.
I know, I am stupid and I should leave.
It takes a bit to get used to the new platform.

If you are looking under new posts, it won't show your new reply there (until there is a new post) because the default filter is set for UNREAD posts.

You can change the default if you wish. Click the drop-down menu on filters (next to the mark all read button) and then you can change the options. If you uncheck unread discussions then add a check to save as default then click filter at the bottom, it will save your preferences for you.

- Cricket

41 - 60 of 62 Posts