SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new winter project... I got a hold of a chevy th350 tranny and I am going to make an adapter plate to mate this transmission with a pre 1990 saab 9000 2.0l engine and install it into a chevy s10. I will try to post pictures as much as I can so maybe someone else can do this.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I want rear wheel drive and yeah Im tuning to maybe around 350hp I have a 2.0l engine sitting around. this will give me something to do this winter.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Auto vs. Manual? But once you're good to go with the auto, it won't take much to go to manual in the future. Sounds like a fun project. I'm building a turbo minivan this winter.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I might even spend a hundred bucks and get a neutral lock installed in the tranny. I'll set up a 2 step throttle too so I can launch in boost :)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well I have dimensions for the saab bellhousing thanks to lowbudgetrides.com but I need dimensions for the th350 bellhousing bolt pattern now. does anyone know where I can pick these up? I cant seem to find anything online.

·
Registered
58 Posts
The adapter plate you require should be availible off the shelf.....

In europe people with Pontiac Fiero's tend to do a Vauxhall engine swap and put the GM Red Top 2.0 16v engine into the Fiero. And as far as i know the Vauxhall lump has the same bolt pattern as the Saab engine.

You should find the bits you need on the FieroStore website.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well... I found dimensions for both the saab end and the hevy end of my adapter plate. I milled it out a ouple days ago. I will post some pitures ASAP!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I found an engine that will fit my adapter plate. only problem is that it is out of a 1995 9000 cs NA. not the turbo CSE engine. Is there any difference besides the cams? I looked at the specs and the compression ratios are the same between the two engines. thanks

-kye

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Adapter Plate Pictures!!!

ok well heres some pictures of my adapter plate. :D Oh by the way... this bell housing if off of a muncie m20 manual transmission. I just needed it to see if my adapter plate would fit. yes and I did forget to cut out a spot for the starter. no big deal though... Ill just trace out where the starter goes on the engine and cut the adapter plate where I marked it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts