SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK. Laugh at me. I deserve it. In my haste to finish a wax job (with NXT) I got some wax on the black mouldings that wrap around the car.

Anyone know how to get the wax off???

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
Some white spirits or meths on a rag should do the trick. It does rub off with time however, i used some colour coded wax on a previous car, it turned the black door handles burgundy but wore off in about 3 months. :roll:

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
I use very carefully applied tire and vinyl shine, rub it in really well, and continue applying until it's gone.

·
Registered
86 Posts
the last time i got wax on the black plastic that goes round the car i found spraying wd40 on to a cloth then going rounf the plastic took it off.might i also add wd40 on black plastics is better than any back to black and as i have been doing this 4 years it also does no harm:cheesy:

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
pillsy151 said:
agreed with the peanut butter...or even try peanut oil. i used it once and it came out fantastic.
This is so wierd I have to try it :p

·
Registered
287 Posts
Chris 9-5 said:
This is so wierd I have to try it :p
Yeah,

That is really strange. I bet your neighbors would get a kick out of seeing you apply the pb to your car, just tell them the Saab is so good you could eat it.:D

·
Registered
6 Posts
I took some oily plastic detailer and a tooth brush. The toothbrush accomidates the texture well and unlike a rag gives you better control so you don't have grease smudges on the paint.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Neile said:
so you don't have grease smudges on the paint.
You have seen my car ;oops: ;oops: ;oops:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts