SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to measure the resistance of this guy here, which I assume is a coolant temperature sending unit. Does this guy feed the temperature gauge or is used by the ECU?

In any case, here is what I measured (in Ohms) while engine was off and cool before firing the engine for the day:

Isn't this rather low?

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
That sender cuts out the AC if the car is getting towards overheating ( not sure what temp exactly ).
The sender for the guage is on the thermostat housing .The sender for the ecu is in between injectors 2 and 3 on the manifold, it looks like another injector, but you'll notice it because its blue.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool. Does anyone know what numbers should I get at the two temperature sensors? I want to make sure they both are happy. I can do the usual check if they are not open, but want to make sure that they are also not short or whatever.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
The coolant temp. sensor (between injectors 2 and 3) should give you 2600 ohms @ 68 deg. F. and 320 ohms @ 176 deg. F. +/- 10%. The temp. gauge sender (on the t-stat housing) should be 51.2 ohms +/- 4.3 @ 194 deg. F.

The coolant temp. switch (for the a.c.) opens @ 239 deg. F.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts