SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
I take it your car is a drak color.
a product like Meguire's Quick detailing spray and a 100% cotton, OR microfibre towel will do the trick.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
You need to claybar the paint surface to lift the impurities left by water stains that have embedded itself into the clearcoat surface. Meguiars and Mothers both have such products that will help you do this. There are other brands of course but these are the 2 more well-known brands that I know that has it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
don't forget to wax

You can try to polish them out (which I once had to do, I used Klasse All in one) but they wearn't that old. Here is a article with some products to try.
http://properautocare.com/reswwaspincl.html

I know people have used the vinegar with success, just make sure you rewax big time after you use it because it will take the wax right off.

have fun,
BWB

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey thanks guys for all your help, but I've tried clay bar and it didn't work for me, and I also herd that vinegar can eat through the clear coat since its acidic. so, I guess I'll try buffing or polishing it out:roll:

future note to anybody that doesn't water stains: take good care of your paint:cheesy:

thank yoy BWB for the link, I learned a lot

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
wusaaby said:
thank yoy BWB for the link, I learned a lot
...and if you wish to learn more than you ever wanted to know about the subject: www.autopia.org :cheesy:

Remember, when polishing, go with the mildest, least aggressive polish first, then work your way up if necessary.

·
Registered
57 Posts
your welcome

The clay mainly just preps the surface.

I imagine if you get a good polish product and borrow a porter cable dual action polisher(or buy one of your own:D ) you will get a good response. You can actually polish the whole car and follow it with some premium wax and it will make it look almost new again. I agree with Malibu and just used the mildest polish and work your way up. His link is also full info.
I have actually used Kerosene (vineger didn't work) on my wifes car to get some sap off, so a diluted vineager should be okay (don't let it soak), just remember to follow it up with some wax or sealant.
Brad

·
Registered
302 Posts
Likely what you're seeing is acid rain which has "etched" into the first layer of paint or clear. You need something to remove that area's first layer. As someone mentioned a mild polish might do the trick. Careful to not "burn" the paint with improper materials or lack of knowledge that can result from a high speed buffer. As for wiping away the stain, unfortunately, it's not a stain and it's not that easy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.