SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2001 9-5 Aero wagon 5MT
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm in a bit of a bind ,
I am replacing the water pump on my 02 9-3 se, I have spent all day trying to remove the pump with housing from the block but it seems to be stuck, I've been wiggling it back and forth for about an hour and its about an inch or two out , I can see the block adapter but its as if it wont come out any further, i've removed the three hex bolts holding the pump to the engine the u hose and the coolant pipe going into the right side, very frustrated , I've also accidentally torn off a small hose going into the large pipe going to the turbo, the small hose goes from the left side of the turbo pipe into to what I think is the boost control valve, I'm wondering if this is going to cause any issues and if the car will be drivable afterwords, my main question here is; am I doing something wrong, I've been trying to get the pump out for the better part of the day and I've had no progress, Please help or advise

·
Registered
10,070 Posts
Have you taken off both pipes on the driver's side of the pump? One of the turbo coolant lines is bolted to the pump with a banjo bolt and another hard line is secured with a single regular bolt. It sounds like you may only have one of those off.

·
Registered
2001 9-5 Aero wagon 5MT
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wasn't aware there was another pipe connecting to it, the only other one I see is the pipe that runs along side it which connects to the u shaped hose, The one I removed so far is the one on the drivers side that has a bolt holding it to the water pump housing, is the other pipe underneath the water pump? little confused, Thanks for your help by the way.

·
Registered
10,070 Posts
Take a look at eBay item number 121524163091. In the first picture, on the central round part that sticks up, there's one hole with a small threaded hole above it. That's where one of the hard lines connects to. Below that, inline with the large part where the lower radiator hose connects, there's another small protrusion. That's where one of the turbo's coolant lines connects to.

·
Registered
2001 9-5 Aero wagon 5MT
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's perfect! the second line for the turbo you mentioned is what I was missing, also I've torn a small hose that goes to a T connector to the boost control valve, (tear is at the yellow arrow), I'm wondering if this is going to cause me any issues , I don't know much about Turbo's etc., I will be getting it fixed asap but I need to be able to drive the car to pick up the hose. any suggestions?

Attachments

·
Registered
12,793 Posts
That hose damage may cause boost control issues, it can be replace with some regular rubber vacuum line from the auto parts store (something around 1/4" ID should work), I would replace it with silicone in the long term, rubber wont last as long down there with the heat from the turbo.

You should be fine to drive to the store to get the hose, the car may not perform perfectly but no damage will be done.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts