SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
PA? me too

Sorry, maybe I have already PM-ed you about this. I try and PM those that are "close" to me on this site.

I live in the SE corner of PA.....sometimes I venture up to the NE part of PA for various car meets (mostly subaru).

Wondering where in PA you were from?

Ian

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Basre said:
Try Aquamist Pricey.. but well proven.
Okay.

Was not what I was asking about, There's a ton of info on AQM available.

I'm interested in feedback on the other kit, since it is a newer and cheaper alternative.

I'd like to be able to cool the incoming air without any radical IC type mods,
this if it works well could be great bang for the buck.

And it would work with any future turbocharged project, Saab or otherwise.

Of course that would be true for the Aquamist as well, just not what I want to spend on a 1985 SPG.....:eek::eek:

CN

·
Registered
510 Posts
My water injection system is composed of the same parts or equivelant to those supplied in the collingmist kit. Works great and saves you $1000s. I am running a 50/50 mixture of distilled water and denatured alcohol. 60 psi shurflo pump feeding into .5mm and .4mm aquamist waterjets. system activates at 7psi. You can either buy all the parts individually or just get the coolingmist kit. Either way it'll be around the same price in the end, but with the kit you don't have to go searching around for stuff. Do it!!! Budget performance... to hell with wasting money on practically free mods.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I changed the intercooler to throttlebody pipe to a stainless 90 degree mandrel bend because the threads for aquamist waterjets are very very fine and every time i tapped the threads into the stock pipe the threads would flake off. cast iron is too malleable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts