SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that the UK has heavier rain on a regular basis the front corners of my spare wheel space get wet. It`s not the sunroof drains (I`ve checked) and it`s not coming in from underneath. The water appears to be coming from the space between the inner and outer panels-i.e where the wiring for the rear lights run on the left hand side , not sure about the right hand side. Any suggestions how this rain is getting into that space ?

·
Registered
5,578 Posts
Tail light seals or the antenna are likely culprits. c900s aren't (IME) entirely water tight, though, but there are drains in the spare tire well to direct water out. Be sure they're not clogged. Every c900 I've ever owned has had clogged drains back there.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is getting to be a real mystery. The little puddle of water is right at the front of the boot pan on the left hand side. I`ve seen another post somewhere with exactly the same issue but can`t find it (maybe on another forum ?) The strange thing is I can`t seem to replicate the effect of rain. I`ve tried hosing each possible place in turn to try and spot the place where it`s getting in and nothing. Heavy rain forecast tomorrow so maybe that will do it. Is the front of the boot pan a double skin underneath the cross member ?

·
Registered
5,578 Posts
Sounds like the antenna is leaking, and maybe the drain hose has fallen apart or isn't properly located.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
as above, the aerial leaks and there should be a run off hose on the bottom of it. the problem with the laft hand corner is it's like a cup and the water can't get out, igf you look at the other side there is no dip(cup) so water can't collect, remove with paper towel etc, and check once a wekk after rain, but also as mentioned make sure the bung in the bottom of spare wheel area is clear, just put a thin screwdriver in the hole

1 - 6 of 6 Posts