SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My AC seems to be leaking into the passenger foot well. Any one have any idea how to fix it?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Raven,

I've not come across this in any of my SAAB's but our Honda CRV used to leak water when the A/C was on. Fearing big dollars to fix I took it to Honda for a check and they found the in cabin blower box to be clogged with leaves and other debis. This was blown out with compressed air, the drain tube checked and all fixed in about 5 minutes. Not sure if the SAAB has a similar system but try looking under the dash, the heater/cooling box might be there with an access panel, or a drain tube might run under there somewhere.

Also found this but it relates to a 99 model so might not be relevant to an 01

http://www.townsendimports.com/Saab_TSB_Folder/Saab_TSB_pdfs/801_2080.pdf

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Welcome Juz, nice post!

Yes its likely to be the drains blocked / clogged there was a post on how the clean then recently with an air line I believe ;)

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
Raven, if you put the ACC on and look under the car you should see water drip down from 2 tubes where the front seats are situated. If there's no water then the drain tubes are blocked, as Juz rightly said an air line can normally clear this problem.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Raven18940 said:
My AC seems to be leaking into the passenger foot well. Any one have any idea how to fix it?
hi Raven,

I bought my car new 4 months ago and rear passenger foot wells were full of water after a month.

At the end we found that drain pipes of AC were not placed well and blocked.

They took out the front passenger seats and carpet and fixed the problem easily.

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kermit said:
Raven, if you put the ACC on and look under the car you should see water drip down from 2 tubes where the front seats are situated. If there's no water then the drain tubes are blocked, as Juz rightly said an air line can normally clear this problem.
That's the thing, water is dripping out of both tubes quite freely. :(

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No, that looks like it's for a leak from outside the car, mine is only when the AC is on. Anyone have a good idea how to clean out the drain? :confused:

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Wessy said:
The drain hoses come through the floor directly under the front seats, with the engine idling and the AC set to cold, you should see water dripping from both drains.

The pipe work comes upto each side of the heater hosing inside the dash to the juction connections, from there the hoses go to the evaporator housing.

You can split the hoses at the base of the heater box and blow the hoses back towards the floor.
You can see the hoses by folding down the floor carpet on each side of the centre console.
HTH
Hope that helps!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Raven18940 said:
No, that looks like it's for a leak from outside the car, mine is only when the AC is on. Anyone have a good idea how to clean out the drain? :confused:
Hi Raven,

If water is in the front passenger or driver's foot well, then the drain pipes may be damaged. If the both sides of rear passenger foot well is full of water, that means the drain pipes are blocked and water is coming from the AC tubes under the front seats.

So in both cases, you should take out the front seat and carpet to check the drain pipes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had a leak to passenger side also. In my case it turned out to be heaters o-rings that were leaking. Took some work to get visual confirmation after those usual things did not help.

G

·
Ttillub said:
I had a leak to passenger side also. In my case it turned out to be heaters o-rings that were leaking. Took some work to get visual confirmation after those usual things did not help.
Hi Ttillub, welcome to Saab Central

Top tip thanks.. :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Finn said:
Hi Ttillub, welcome to Saab Central

Top tip thanks.. :D
Thank You.

Forgot to add that in my case the water was of course antifreeze and tasted like that also :) Funny that there was no smell inside the car.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts