SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi fellow SAABers; I have rain water collect all along wall of left corner of trunk that goes from right under the tail light to the end of the trunk where the backseats start; some water also drips into the factory spare wheel well, but I'm confident the leak is coming from somewhere around the outside left side of car

IMPORTANT: the water enters if the car is parked in significant rain WITHOUT any driving, so its not coming from underside/undercarriage, but from some unintended opening along outside of car

I checked the sunroof drains and they are not clogged; draining normally in back and front of car with no apparent leaks into trunk; I also poured a gallon of water all along outside of left tail lamp with no apparent water entry; also poured a gallon around trunk seal with no visible leaks; probably 7 gallons worth of water strategically along every seam/seal in left rear outside area of car from watering can with no entry of water into car; it could very well be I did not use enough water to replicate problem

any ideas? please see pics for location of water (you can sort of see it)

my car: '04 9-3

Attachments

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
figured it out; leak is coming from poorly reinstalled decorative door arch cladding/metal strip along driver's side; years ago, I adjusted it improperly, which resulted in water entering some of the holes in unibody used for attaching strip (see pics) my mistake for dodgy repair, but also shame on SAAB for such a poorly thought out mounting system; couldn't they have avoided holes in unibody to mount a TINSEL part?! oh well, hope this post helps someone

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts