SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During a recent rain, I found the front foot well carpet soggy, and behind the driver's seat, a puddle. I discovered it because the car didn't start. It turns out the TWICE unit is drowned. I can't install a new one until I find and fix the source of the leak. This happened suddenly and I expect it is a result of a clogged drain due to accumulated dirt and autumn leaves. I need guidance here.

·
Registered
7,893 Posts
There are 4 drains for the sunroof, they are at each of the corners. Two of them run down the A-pillar and out under the car. The other two run down the rear pillar and out.

It's likely they are clogged, a piece of string trimmer cord pushed down (gently) will usually do the trick. Once you do that let some water run down there to get the rest while pushing the string trimmer cord up and down. DO NOT push too hard as you can pull off the rubber hoses at the joints and then you're in for some real work taking a lot of stuff apart to get to them.

The TWICE is going to be a bit more difficult since you will likely need to get a new (used) one and have it married with a Tech 2 and then program in the keys that you have so that the car will start again.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Don't be tempted to get a TWICE/key electronics from Europe. The frequencies are different. To confirm, if your TWICE is shot you need it and its matching key electronic modules. These you transpose to your existing key blades so you don't have to change the cylinder also.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts