SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend an aftermarket wastegate actuator for my 99 9-3 SE. I've looked up Forge but they don't list one directly for the NG900 or 9-3.

The reason I'm looking is because I can't reach fuel cut off therefore full boost even with my MBC-A or wastegate actuator unpluged. I don't have any leaks, the car has been smoke tested.

·
Registered
58 Posts
with you WGA unplugged you SHOULD be hitting cutoff. I would pull the downpipe off and look at the wastegate itself and check for proper fuction.

i would use that spring unless your software calls for it

nate
99 9-3 vert

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
If I disconnect the the vacuum from the WGA it doesn't hit cutoff, it will boost into the red but not hit cutoff. When I pull on the actuator linkage (rod) the it is fairly stiff however it is not very quick to return when I let go. It also looks very rusty. I was thinking of playing with the adjustment in the linkage but it's too rusty and I'll end up damaging it.

As for the Genuine Saab WGA spring, I wonder if they would put a very mild (just slightly stiff then stock) spring in for me? Anyone know what they charge for the entire actuator?

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
The one from forge the 900 is the right one for the t25. I put one on Blaque_Outs car from saablink and it has helped a bunch with his stg 3 nordic. Very fine looking aswell.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts