SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I took the actuator off, and it seems to move back and forth pretty easily, but that little flap that the actuator attaches to seems to be getting stuck open, usually after a WOT pull, and sometimes it will close, sometimes it won't. Some days, I'll be at partial throttle and I'll hit fuel cut pretty easily. Today, I had to use pliers to pull the actuator rod back to get it to close and it did take a good amount of tugging this time. When moving the flap up and down (cold motor), it seems to move freely, but it does squeak a good bit, so I'm guessing when the turbo gets really hot, the metal expands a bit and causes that arm to get seized until it cools down some. Drenching it in PB blaster and white lithium grease seemed to help, but that effect burnt off after a few pulls.

Any ideas as to how I can get this fixed? Thanks.

·
Registered
9,371 Posts
I'm not sure which turbo you have, but it sounds like the flap on the turbo is sticking. You can try lots of penetrating oil. The best stuff is GM Heat Riser Valve Lubricant. Kroil, PB Blaster, and other good quality penetrating fluids should work, too. (Not WD-40.)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts