SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up guys, havent been around in awhile, figured i start a thread...well heres the problem...now that winter is coming it's time to get the washer jets working agian...i cant seem to get the jets to work, no washer fluid is coming out at all? not even a drop or dribble?...is there a fuse that could be bad or no? all the hoses seem to be fine, and no holes in any of them, just cant figure out why there not working??? any suggestions...

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
very well could be a possibility...havent really taken everything apart to tell

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks earth...i was waiting for your response in particular lol, thanks for the link!

·
Registered
10,413 Posts
9 time out of 10 it's the check valves, but the rear nozzle can get all clogged up with gunk if it isn't used in a year or more. I finally had to replace my rear nozzle to get it to work, but all of those parts are fairly cheap at eEuroparts.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
might be a stupid qustion but how many check valves are there? cuz it seems like my washer pump is working...? is there just two valves up by the nozzles or are there more?

·
Registered
10,413 Posts
I think there are two for the front sprayers (both up under the hood), two for the headlight sprayers, and one for the rear. The rear one is usually inside the fender by the pump. I used a longer piece of hose and relocated mine inside the engine compartment when I replaced it.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I popped my valves apart a couple weeks ago since the washers weren't working. I could blow in to either port and no air would pass through.
I ended up removing the diaphrams and filling the bottom vent hole with epoxy. I wasn't about to purchase new valves that would probably screw up again unless the design was changed. Reminds me of the SID's.
Strangely there was no debris in any of the valves. It was as though the diaphram had failed in some manner but I only noticed one torn.
The washer pump seems so strong there is hardly any noticeable delay in fluid travel from the reservoir to nozzles.

·
Registered
32 Posts
A dumb thought, but have you used a pin to be sure that the nozzles themselves aren't blocked? With all the additives, antifreezing compounds, etc. those little orfices clog very easily...even from just hard-water lime. The other thing that can clog-up the nozzles is "Rain-X". If you buy the washer fluid with "Rain-X" and use it straight from the bottle it can over-time clog the lines and fittings...as well as the nozzle orfices. It's viscous-enough to gum-up, especially when exposed to all that engine-heat. I usually have to clear the nozzles every few months at-least with a pin I keep in the car to make sure they are aimed correctly.

I always cut the "Rain-X" fluid with 50/50 or 33/67 with standard anti-freezing washer fluid...and a few drops of liquid dish soap like "Dawn" or "Palmolive".

·
Registered
10,413 Posts
Heath said:
Strangely there was no debris in any of the valves. It was as though the diaphram had failed in some manner but I only noticed one torn.
That's usually how they go. Typically the diaphram turns to goo and doesn't let fluid through in either direction. Some people have used part of a rubber glove as a new diaphram, but your solution should work well, too. None of my family's Hondas have check valves in the washer systems and their sprayers haven't had a problem since the '80s.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts