SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was planning on changing my transmission fluid on my 02 93 but when I was looking through my Haynes manual it said to replace the washers on the drain plug, check plug, and fill plug. However, I couldn't find this washer anywhere online to buy and the schematic at thesaabsite didn't even have a washer for any of these plugs. I have a spare transmission for my car and checked if it had washers for any of these plugs but it didn't... Did Haynes make a mistake and there's no washers on these plugs?

Also what thread lock would you recommend for these plugs?

Thanks

·
Registered
10,464 Posts
There are no washers on any of the manual transmission plugs. I've never used thread lock on the plugs. They seem to get ridiculously tight on their own, and they're nearly impossible to get off even without thread lock.

·
Registered
18,938 Posts
Jeremy: The factory Loctited them in... that's why they are such a bear to loosen the first time.

to the OP: I've never used any thread lock on them and never had one come loose. I don't know how you'd even get the drain and check plug threads oil free enough to make the loctite work. Like Jeremy said - no washers.

·
Registered
10,464 Posts
Even after I've taken them out and put them back in, they're still a royal PITA to take out. I changed my transmission fluid maybe a year ago, if even that, and didn't put the drain plug on all that tightly. When I went to take it off a month or two ago when I had to replace the transmission, it felt like it had been welded on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts