SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever has this problem?

My wipers work fine, but when I pull back on the washer stat, you can't hear the washer motor, nor does washer fluid spray, nor does the wipers move.

Checked all fuses, all in tact. Wondering if anyone had this same problem, or knows what may be wrong.

Im waiting for the dealer to call me in for warranty. But I know they wont have the parts / fix it when I want it. So any help is highly appreciated.
Thank you

·
Registered
144 Posts
Pump prolly went bad.

Waiting for the dealer to call you in for warranty? why are the doing that?

call them, tell them your washer pump isnt working, and your not hearing the pump. They will ask (most likely) if you've checked the fuses and the level.

They should order the part upon the appointment.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Probably the whipper motor...It happen twice to me with differents problems (out of fluid and auto whippe didn't work).

·
Registered
759 Posts
Here's a diagram that may help you.

·
Banned
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
3rd stone from the sun said:
Could be the washer pump relay.
where is the relay.

Nickshu said:
Here's a diagram that may help you.
Do you have a picture telling me what each part is? (the numbers)

When pulling back on the wiper arm stat, shouldn't the wiper arm still move? or pulling back the arm just sprays the fluid? Because when I pull back the washer stat, neither occurs. But all other wiper functions work otherwise.

I do not hear the motor working when I attempt to make washer fluid work, nor do the wipers move when I try activating the washers.

And thank you guys for you replies / help.

·
Registered
144 Posts
CHUCK85122 said:
Probably the whipper motor...It happen twice to me with differents problems (out of fluid and auto whippe didn't work).
wiper motor wouldn't effect the washers from spraying.. although the wiper motors are another problem we've been seeing.

·
Registered
533 Posts
rsances said:
wiper motor wouldn't effect the washers from spraying.. although the wiper motors are another problem we've been seeing.
That's what I think also...but like I said they change the motor and everithing was fine after that!!!??? Probably some electronic sensor !!??

·
Banned
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
its not the wiper motor. Since wipers are working.

Washer pump is either shot, or a relay. or possibly the stat switch all together.

Its hard to say at this time. Definetly not the wiper motor.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had the same problem on my 2003 linear. The spray/wipers is a combined unit, the washers wouldn't spray and the wipers would be intermittent at best. At the time when I had it replaced there was over 300 parts on backorder so I was without my saab for 5 weeks, I eventually threatened court action and they took it out of a new car on the lot and put the unit in mine.

·
Registered
759 Posts

This should be helpful.

·
Banned
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
oK, so i checked the washer pump relay, and its working fine. there is power getting to the relay, and also ground is being applied as well.

the fuse is also good, power is getting to the washer pump fuse.

im thinking this may be a wiring problem, and its not getting signal to the washer fluid switch. Pump isnt getting signal from the switch saying its supposed to work. because when i pull back on the washer switch for the washe4r fluid, the motor doesnt engage nor do the wipers move.

i still cant be 100% sure. So im gonna see if the dealer can get me in.its been 2 weeks since ive called saying i want this looked at.They said theyde call me when to come in :(

so worse comes to worse, Ill just start diagnosing more so i can fix the problem.

But yet again i could be completely wrong as well .

·
Registered
759 Posts
Do your wipers work when you switch them on? I mean other than working WITH the sprayers? If you switch the stalk to INT, or Low or high, do they come on? What I'm asking is do they only not work with the washers?

·
Registered
759 Posts
It would seem from the below screenshot that wiping is tied to washing, so if no activation of the windsheild washer is detected, the wipers will not activate. So based on this, it could simply be the washer pump is bad. If you can get to the pump, you could hook it directly to the battery to see if it runs...then you would rule out the pump.

·
Banned
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Im able to use the window wipers on their own yes. But when pulling back on
(703) windshield washer stalk, no operation of the washerfluid / wipers work .

So next step is to test the pump itself?

So your saying that

"so if no activation of the windsheild washer is detected, the wipers will not activate"""

meaning if their is no washer fluid on the windshield the wipers wont move when pulling back on the windshield washer stalk?

(thanks for all your help)

·
Registered
759 Posts
Thats what I can interpret from the WIS screenshot I posted above. It appears that the operation of the washer pump must preceed the activation of the wipers, otherwise the wipers will not work.

So, for example, if your wiper fluid has run out, you won't be able to run the wipers for no reason.

As an aside, it's cool that the ACC switches to RECIRC for 30 seconds when you wash the windshield, so no fluid smell comes in. They think of everything!

·
Banned
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok. So in theory, I will test the pump. I will supply it 12V and see if it works.

If the pump doesnt function with power being supplied to it. I guess we found our problem.

Ill keep you posted :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts