SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my battery replaced under warranty about 30 months ago. It's now going again and I want to see if Saab will replace it. Trouble is my car is now out of warranty and the battery itself has no warranty markings on it. Am I out of luck in this case? Do I need to buy a new one? This one only lasted 2 and half years, which is pretty poor. :roll:

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
I had my Saab OEM battery replaced at the dealer (36 months old) under warranty with an AC Delco Professional. The AC Delco lasted 28 months but the car was by then off warranty. I was told that warranty repairs were warranted until the end of the factory warranty, so the battery no longer had warranty. I replaced it with a Duralast 48DL from Autozone that actually fit better than the AC Delco. It's now a year old.

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Don't know about the Saab batteries, I'm guessing it'll be 2years like everything else. I'm currently running a Banner battery which came with a 4year warranty. Apparently they're very good and I aint gonna argue with that. Been in over 2 years and no problems to report (touch wood)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts