SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just kicked over 50,000 yesterday. Any bets on how many miles before the next problem creeps up? She's been wonderful for the last 10,000 miles...

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, vis...i hadn't even noticed!

i noticed some "weakness" on the left channel of the sound system yesterday. i'm hoping that it was more a function of heat + windows down + system up that was bogging it down.

let's hope there's no new amp in my future...

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have a while before my warranty is up, but I also wonder how things will go post-warranty. My car has been (gulp) trouble-free for the last 11000 mi.

Has anyone considered an extended warranty from one of those warranty companies? Are they worth it?

GP

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Viscouse said:
Gotta change yer sig!

I have 1500 left...I'm guessing the EHU goes, or the ECM. I wonder what the single most expensive part that can be swapped on the car is?
It is not going to be the part, but the labor to get to the 35 cent part somewhere in the middle of the enigne compartment or behind the dash....some crazy gasket/seal or switch......

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Before your warranty runs out, take the car to a mechanic who specializes in Saab. Pay him an hour of labour and ask him to do a thorough inspection of the vehicle. Take the car back to the dealer and report the problems. It's very important to have documented problems while it was under warranty. For example, let's say your exhaust sounds a little rough. Your Saab dealer may say everything looks fine, but 3 months after the warranty runs out you find a hole in the muffler. More often than not, because you had originally reported the problem, they will either do the repair for free or give you a deep discount.

·
Registered
366 Posts
rotate said:
Before your warranty runs out, take the car to a mechanic who specializes in Saab. Pay him an hour of labour and ask him to do a thorough inspection of the vehicle. Take the car back to the dealer and report the problems. It's very important to have documented problems while it was under warranty. For example, let's say your exhaust sounds a little rough. Your Saab dealer may say everything looks fine, but 3 months after the warranty runs out you find a hole in the muffler. More often than not, because you had originally reported the problem, they will either do the repair for free or give you a deep discount.
I agree, while my warranty doesn't run out for another 5 yrs or 70k miles (saab certified) my brothers 99 9-3 SE's ran out this past year. he brought it in and paid for an oil change and thorough inspection, the tech found a bunch of issues and had them all repaired prior to the warranty expiring.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I heard that some folks are having the dealership buy the car and then selling it back to them. This way it is considered a pre-owned vehicle therefore getting warrenty coverage up to 100k miles. If interested, then check with your dealership.

Just passing the word...

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
rando67 said:
I heard that some folks are having the dealership buy the car and then selling it back to them. This way it is considered a pre-owned vehicle therefore getting warrenty coverage up to 100k miles. If interested, then check with your dealership.

Just passing the word...
Interesting...

I was able to get some warranty work done at 54,000 miles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts