SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And yes, I'm quite stressed.

How does things work? I feel like there is something about to break in my car a week or two after warranty is up.

As of late, starting the car (cold), I hear a loud hum/whine coming from the engine bay - almost sounds like some generator struggling, and then the noise goes away. I'm thinking it might be the AC generator.

What other things have you guys reported before the warranty is up?

This dealer is usually always booked, so my question is if I call and book an appointment (most likely not going to have availability this week), will I still be considered within warranty if my warranty expires on the 27th of March and my appointment is after that date?

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
Just make an appointment, specify the problem you want them to look for and mention you'd like them to go over the car because your almost out of warranty..... trust me they'll find some stuff to do on Saabs Dime. If you tell them to check the Alternator (we don't have an AC Generator) they don't find a problem and a week later it dies out of warranty, you'll more than likely get a goodwill if it was the original warranty not the CPO. You reported the Problem in warranty, they couldn't get to you... but it might be nice to have them document the current mileage or have an Email exchange with the service manager with a clear understanding of the situation.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Wow. Haven't owned older out-0f-warranty cars much?

Relax. Take Jon's advice. If you decide to keep the car after warranty, just be sure to stay on top of the regular maintenance items (oil changes every 3000 miles, if the most miniscule thing breaks, fix it immediately, etc.)

I've owned a lot of Saabs over the years, all well beyond the end of warranty. Our '02 9-5 we've owned since new just turned 100,000 miles and it runs and looks like it's new. My classics are 140,000 and 185,000 miles, and run like new. I've had one Saab go 300,000 miles before I decided to move on.

If you maintain the cars and treat them right they can and do last a long, long time. Good luck and enjoy it!

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advice.

Jon, is this the AC Alternator we're speaking about? If so, any symptoms before the "fail" ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts