SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks! I'll be receiving my 9-2X this weekend and was curious if Saab is as strict on mods as Subaru is with the WRX?

I'm not looking to heavily mod the car, however I'd like to start by removing the silencer and getting a boost guage. I know Subaru will void the warranty just based on these mods. Eventually, I'd like to replace the up pipe, downpipe, and a cat back. That's pretty much all I will ever do to it. This will be my daily driver. I have a 87 Buick Grand National which responds extremely well to mods and I will keep that as my toy.

Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
29 Posts
i've never had problems w/ my Subaru dealer, and i had the mods you listed, plus some. we'll see how my Saab dealer reacts when the time comes.

luke

·
Registered
89 Posts
Subaru doesn't void warranties based on boost gauges, they sell their own. They even sell one for the SAAB.
It basically boils down to the dealer. Magnussen-Moss says that they can't void parts that you didn't work on (ie, upgraded turbo means they don't fix your engine, but they have to fix your window motors). But some dealers are bigger sticklers, and like to void based on everything. You might want to just ask your dealer (and remember, you can take it to ones you didn't buy it at for service).

·
Registered
8 Posts
im pretty sure that the rule is that a dealer ship cant void a warrenty unless they can prove that the aftermarket part was resposible for the dammage to the part that needs to be fixed. by that i mean that if you have enginemanagement and your ac goes out they cant void your warrenty for that part. i have heard that if you have messed with your emmisions or something like that they can void your warrenty, but i dont think that any one would do that unless it was a mitsubisi dealership.

nothing that you listed is really that major at all i dont think that they would void your warrenty. right now i have removed the silencer on my wrx and have a cattless dp turboxs utect sti exhaust and a little manualboost controler and im going to go to the dealership soon about syncros pretty soon ill tell you how that goes. i dont mind if the void my warrenty because i only have about another 4 k of powertrain left.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i almost bought a gnx once and im still baffeld by the times they have. how can a gnx go 0-60 in 6.5 but run the 1/4 in low 13s

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Spoke to the service advisor at the dealership I am purchasing the car from today. He stated that a modification will not void the warranty. However, they can refuse to fix a problem if it is determined that a modification caused it. They were concerned as to why I wanted to add a boost gauge. I explained that I'm not looking to raise the stock boost level, but to simply monitor it.

I won't be doing much at all to this car. My GN has made me a cheap *** when it comes to modding a car. Stock they are a little faster than the 9-2X, but 1K in mods and you've got a solid 12 second car.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
T-rex said:
i almost bought a gnx once and im still baffeld by the times they have. how can a gnx go 0-60 in 6.5 but run the 1/4 in low 13s
The GNX posted 0-60 times of 5.5 seconds on the street. I believe high 4 second 0-60 times were possible if it could hook at the dragstrip which was what got the car well into the 13's.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts