SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at purchasing a vehicle tomorrow morning that from what i can tell from the pics that there are numerous lights on when the car is running. This is an auction setting online that I won't be able to be there in person. I'm going to have someone go and check it out before hand but they won't be familiar with saabs. From what I've read this is an ABS module rebuild correct sounds like around $200 from bba reman? Also the washer fluid is low message I would assume is exactly that but I guess we know what assuming does?

It is a 2002 9-5 aero with just over 100K miles on it.

It is hard to tell exactly which lights are on but for sure the check engine, brake and tcs light.
If you could please give me some input on this tonight it would be much appreciated :cheesy:

Attachments

·
Registered
453 Posts
I double checked with the lights in my car for what is on, and I was wrong initially. Here are the lights that are on, from left to right, top to bottom.

TCS, Trunk and Rear driver door ajar (Just to be thorough), Warning triangle, SID (For the washer fluid low), Brake, Parking Brake, ABS, Air Bag, CEL

Never had a problem with my ABS, so I can't say definitively, but that looks to be the issue. If the oil and battery lights were on, I would have said alternator, which is what I originally thought it was until I checked the position of the lights on the dash. (Battery and Oil are the next two to the right.)

Washer fluid low should mean washer fluid is low. If it means something else, you may be in uncharted waters.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
I'd start by filling the washer fluid ;)

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Just a thought here.

The SID from 1999-02 and 02-05 look identical and will fit but.............an early unit in a later car will always show 'washer fluid low' even when full unless it is reprogrammed via Tech2

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I'm now the proud owner of a 2002 aero that I think I got at a great deal through an auction (just under 3K). There was a guy that checked it out for me and said it was clean except for the lights (going to send in ABS module) and then I guess it must have some ACC issues as the AC works etc but it only blows out the defroster vents not the main dash vents. Once I get the car shipped to my location I will check out the codes on the ACC to see what kind of an issue it is. I'm pretty stoked to get a 5 speed aero as I've always wanted one of those had an 01 9-5 v6 for a few years but always wanted an aero. It is cosmic blue I haven't seen the color in person but from online pics it looks pretty unique for sure. Thanks for all the input on the warning lights!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts