SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a used ignition lock cylinder they would be willing to part with? Obviously need the key as well.
If anyone can recommend a good used source I’d appreciate it!
I know I can buy a new one but thats way out of the budget. Hopefully someone has a used one for a reasonable price?
Thought I’d ask!

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Do you not have any lock cylinder? The old c900 stuff should be easily repairable or re-keyable by a locksmith. I've had that done a few times.

·
Registered
13,021 Posts
The old cylinder has the key code on it. Any 900 lock core will fit and can be coded to the key. It used to take me about 20 minutes to do that.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah. I wish i could have gotten it out. After I destroyed it I could see the little *pin* i was trying to push in. I drilled and was on the right track but might have had better luck if I drilled a bigger hole and pushed a little more forcefully.
But like i said, the gear was frozen so I’m not sure it would have mattered because I think the key needs to turn slightly correct?

Anyway... I see the code. I have a decent locksmith local, but really I’m just hoping someone has a spare cylinder they’d be willing to sell. I can understand wanting to horde them at this point though.

Added a pic of the pin to maybe help future saab’ers

Attachments

·
Registered
13,021 Posts
If you really want to cheap-out, an appropriate size dowel with a slot cut in the end works quite well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts