SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a stock downpipe that's not expensive. I need the entire thing from the turbo up to the first flange under the car.

I'm trying to save an '07 9⁵ aero I just picked up. It runs so far but but not too well since the cat and second o2 senser have been removed.

If anyone has one they're getting rid if CHEAP I am interested. I had a guy that wanted to charge me $450 for one from a '02, that just seemed ridiculous to me for a 19 year old part of an exhaust system. Let alone I only paid $250 for the car itself. Someone let me know if I'm asking to low a price but I'm looking for something in the line of $100 or less plus shipping. I had one but gave it away to another Saab guy that needed it obviously not knowing I was going to end up with another one to add to the three I have already.

·
Registered
162 Posts
The problem is they are worth $250 or so to the metal scrapper. Do you need it for state inspection? If not, you could have that check engine light turned off in the ECU software.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The problem is they are worth $250 or so to the metal scrapper. Do you need it for state inspection? If not, you could have that check engine light turned off in the ECU software.
The problem is I can't hear the engine running to know if it's making any strange or unwanted noises because the exhaust was cut off right after the first o2 senser. I'm also pretty sure it's running rich since it's not reading anything from the second o2 senser. I can't remember at the moment what codes I got on the tech2 I just remember one of them being something about the o2 senser. I'm guessing at the rate this is going I'm going to have to either build one or go aftermarket.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Get a straight piece of pipe and weld it in place. It will be fine, the cEL might come on but it won't affect running.

·
Registered
6,297 Posts
Looking for a stock downpipe that's not expensive. I need the entire thing from the turbo up to the first flange under the car.

I'm trying to save an '07 9⁵ aero I just picked up. It runs so far but but not too well since the cat and second o2 senser have been removed.

If anyone has one they're getting rid if CHEAP I am interested. I had a guy that wanted to charge me $450 for one from a '02, that just seemed ridiculous to me for a 19 year old part of an exhaust system. Let alone I only paid $250 for the car itself. Someone let me know if I'm asking to low a price but I'm looking for something in the line of $100 or less plus shipping. I had one but gave it away to another Saab guy that needed it obviously not knowing I was going to end up with another one to add to the three I have already.
I bought one on here from a member to have a spare. I suggest Tailleferro or Maptun, Krona, but they are all expensive. The short flex sells for way too much as well. Used try LKQ. I have very good luck with them

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the advice y'all. I'm gonna try lkq and if that doesn't work out I guess I'm gonna be learning how to weld lol, now that i know the second sensor has no say in how the engine runs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts