SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I am looking for a seat belt for 2001 9-3 , front driver. My belt is a little frayed and would like to replace it. I am not sure if you can just get the belt or the whole assembly has to be removed.

If an sure they came in colors too. Give me a buzz (PM) if you have one.

Thanks
~

·
Registered
436 Posts
Hi

I am looking for a seat belt for 2001 9-3 , front driver. My belt is a little frayed and would like to replace it. I am not sure if you can just get the belt or the whole assembly has to be removed.

If an sure they came in colors too. Give me a buzz (PM) if you have one.

Thanks
~
Hello Newtosaab1996
If you can find out if the one from the passenger side will fit, I could sell you that one. I believe they are interchangeable. I might drive the car again, so thats why I am offering the passenger side.
Cap'n

·
Registered
8,791 Posts
You can not use passenger seat belt to driver.

·
Registered
436 Posts
You can not use passenger seat belt to driver.
Why not? I have had most of the trim inside my 9-3 off at one point or another, and the belt cartridges look the same, the mounting points are the same, and the latch looks the same. Even if the latches aren’t the same that can be swapped too.

·
Registered
8,791 Posts
Part numbers are not same, so they are not same.
Saab was not stupid and stock duplicate parts with two different part numbers.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Part numbers are not same, so they are not same.
Saab was not stupid and stock duplicate parts with two different part numbers.
Ok, just like I told the original poster, what makes them different, besides a part number? That’s why I told the original poster to find out, because maybe it can be done, and the only difference is the actual part number. You didn’t really give any useful info, you are basically just saying something can’t be done with no real world hands on application type reason as to why. People come to these forums for information, not hey you can’t do that with no reason why. If I want that I’ll go talk to my ex wife or one of my ex girlfriends......

·
Registered
8,791 Posts
Ok, just like I told the original poster, what makes them different, besides a part number? That’s why I told the original poster to find out, because maybe it can be done, and the only difference is the actual part number. You didn’t really give any useful info, you are basically just saying something can’t be done with no real world hands on application type reason as to why. People come to these forums for information, not hey you can’t do that with no reason why. If I want that I’ll go talk to my ex wife or one of my ex girlfriends......
I am very sorry that I questioned your greatness and perfect your professional skills with regard to Saab.
I think I'm leaving Saabcentral all the way, not just annoying your greatness with my dissenting opinion, or worse, correcting the information you provided.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I am very sorry that I questioned your greatness and perfect your professional skills with regard to Saab.
I think I'm leaving Saabcentral all the way, not just annoying your greatness with my dissenting opinion, or worse, correcting the information you provided.
It has nothing to do with greatness or professional skills, it has to do with, try it, if it doesn’t work you are out nothing. I didn’t give inaccurate information, as I said I “believe” they are interchangeable, I did not say they were, that’s why I recommended trying it, nothing to lose but some time. Most people waste time on watching tv, why not waste it doing something fun instead? I’ve tried and done many things on many of the Saab’s I’ve owned that people said couldn’t be done, some things worked some things didn’t, but at least I can say I tried whatever it was, and found out. I wasn’t dissing you, all I basically said is why it wouldn’t fit aside from different part numbers? What is different on them making one not fit on the other? Instead of coming back with snark, why wouldn’t you explain what makes them different so as not to work? Go smoke a bowl or have a beer or something and chill aye....

·
Registered
8,791 Posts
Boeing believed that MAX are 100% safe planes.
So BELIEVING is not enough.

·
Registered
436 Posts
That’s why I actually do something, to not just believe.... to use the theme of your example, everyone also told the wright brothers people can’t fly....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts