SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

I am in desperate need of a part for my '01 Saab 9-5 2.3t.

It is part number
55558115 - Vacuum Fitting (PCV Nipple)
May also be listed as part number 9178997

Just like this:
http://www.eeuroparts.com/Main/PartDetail.aspx?id=55558115

I busted the original one taking the vacuum line off it, and apparently they are on national backorder. Can't find them in stock anywhere. eEuroparts lists that it "Usually ships in 5-7 business days" but that's a lie because after two weeks of waiting I called and they have no idea when they'll have more.

PLEASE HELP!!!
I am willing to send a paypal payment, check, or money order to anyone who can mail me one. New or used, doesn't matter.

While I've got you reading, I could also use a new wood-grain bezel around the shifter (auto) and trim piece around the key slot. See attached picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,987 Posts
ebay is your friend on the trim pieces. There are always people parting out 9-5's there and they sell that kind of stuff cheap since almost no one wants it.

I've changed the woodgrain thing, take about a half hour. you don't need to take out the shifter, but getting the ash-tray/cubby out is a real pain in the neck. the two screws that hold the trim in are behind that piece. Start on the bottom. But the good news is that the piece that is in there is trash so you can mess it up and not worry about it.

The trim around the key has a couple of little plastic tabs on it that hold it in, they always break. Mine are hot glued in on both cars.

you may also be able to find the nipple from someone on ebay disassembling a car. There is a guy on craigslist right now in minneapolis parting out a 2000 Aero (allofcraigs.com is also your friend here)

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Got an intake manifold in the garbage can right now that I can pull that piece from. PM me your address, you can have it for free

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ebay is your friend on the trim pieces. There are always people parting out 9-5's there and they sell that kind of stuff cheap since almost no one wants it.

I've changed the woodgrain thing, take about a half hour. you don't need to take out the shifter, but getting the ash-tray/cubby out is a real pain in the neck. the two screws that hold the trim in are behind that piece. Start on the bottom. But the good news is that the piece that is in there is trash so you can mess it up and not worry about it.

The trim around the key has a couple of little plastic tabs on it that hold it in, they always break. Mine are hot glued in on both cars.

you may also be able to find the nipple from someone on ebay disassembling a car. There is a guy on craigslist right now in minneapolis parting out a 2000 Aero (allofcraigs.com is also your friend here)
Thanks for the info. I've seen just a few trim pieces on ebay. I guess they all seem way overpriced to me. One guy was asking $150 for the wood trim just because he knows it goes for 400+ new. Don't care that much.

I may have to directly contact somebody parting out a car. Seems like they only list the most profitable parts, even though some people (like me) just need some of the cheap parts. Anybody had any luck with this? I guess the best way would be to send a message to some seller on ebay who appears to have a whole car for scrap.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts