SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a 1999 Saab 9-3 convertible and it handles like General Patton's Jeep after spending 75 years in a scrap yard
So need some parts to make this thing more drivable

Looking for

3" downpipe or more 3" pipes res cat muf etc....
Rack brace kit
Rear BIG sway bar
those overpriced yellow shocks/struts
those fancy bushings
intercooler hoses (mine are cracked but holding boost)
Back window (mines a bag ATM)
Whatever else can make this thing not handle like the $400 car it is...
Located in Boston area

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can’t help you with the parts RK, but wanted to thank you for the laughs About as rare these days as General Patton’s Jeep. 😂
No joke the car he died in probably handles better than the Saab 9-3...(This just popped up on my FB feed they must be listening)
118713307_3319829124731996_5349634650735561837_n.jpg

·
Registered
18,042 Posts
reliantkcar: I have a set of rear Koni adjustables (big, yellow, overpriced) for sale cheap. Work like new, look like Hell because they lived in New England until recently. Tested against a new pair I fell into and work great. You'll need to sand/paint and source aftermarket boots for the top side. I can get you photos later. But, you can have them dirt cheap vs. $150/each new for rears. See if you can private message me ... I see you are new here, you need a number of posts before you can.

I also have a powerflex poly bushing for the steering rack. You can have that fairly cheap too. In my opinion, it worked as well as the rack brace. I used it for a few years until a friend parted a car and gave me a rack brace, sans support bar. The real problem with these cars is that the rack bushing is huge and rubber. The poly fixes that. The support bar doesn't do anything on LHD cars... that was part of the UK kit that everyone copied that fixed the firewall flex issue. The LHD firewall doesn't have flex issues, it's the bushing that's the issue. Anyway, short money for that if you want to save the big $'s for other stuff.

Also, there are a few u-pulls that usually have Saabs in MA. I lived there until recently and farmed a lot of parts. You should be able to get a hatch there (assuming you don't have a 'vert ? ). If you need pointers I can send you those too. Again, see if PM works - if not, we'll figure out an email alternative.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a new 3" Krona downpipe with cat and a new in box Maptun exhaust if you're interested I can send pics, etc.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Just got a 1999 Saab 9-3 convertible and it handles like General Patton's Jeep after spending 75 years in a scrap yard
So need some parts to make this thing more drivable

Looking for

3" downpipe or more 3" pipes res cat muf etc....
Rack brace kit
Rear BIG sway bar
those overpriced yellow shocks/struts
those fancy bushings
intercooler hoses (mine are cracked but holding boost)
Back window (mines a bag ATM)
Whatever else can make this thing not handle like the $400 car it is...
Located in Boston area
I have a viggen intercooler and Hoses for sale.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts