SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a 2003/2004 Aero in the Essex and surrounding areas.
I have cash pending effective this weekend so am looking to purchase in the next 2 weeks.
I have seen cars of this age with around 50/60K on the odometer so would like to stay around that value.
Dop me a PM if you know where there are any.

Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am looking for a 2003/2004 Aero in the Essex and surrounding areas.
I have cash pending effective this weekend so am looking to purchase in the next 2 weeks.
I have seen cars of this age with around 50/60K on the odometer so would like to stay around that value.
Dop me a PM if you know where there are any.

Thanks
Couldn't interest you in a 2003 95 HOT Aero could I?

It's quicker that the 9-3 (0-60 in 6.5 secs).

I'm selling mine (superb condition) with 85K, advertised for £3750 ONO on pistonheads and autotrader. Open to offers as I need to move on my new one or I'll lose it!

·
Registered
22,211 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Chris95 thanks I have seen yours and at trying moment I am watching it, but the mileage is a little higher than I was hoping for

Chris 9-5. Saw the godfather last night. Awesome spec. Way Ott for my needs I'm afraid. Good luck.

Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Chris95 thanks I have seen yours and at trying moment I am watching it, but the mileage is a little higher than I was hoping for

Chris 9-5. Saw the godfather last night. Awesome spec. Way Ott for my needs I'm afraid. Good luck.

Thanks
OK, no worries - good luck with your search!

·
Registered
830 Posts
I would advise to narrow your search on a MY2004 9-3 model (if you stick to a 9-3).
Transmission issues on early 2003 9-3 models have been improved in 2004.
Anyway, before you buy, test drive the car to check especially the transmission.
Check also that all electrics on the car work fine.

And don't be intimidated by high mileage (at least <100K) on the car. The 2.0T aero engines are just superb. If well maintained, they add years of enjoyment to your driving pleasure. Check for any oil consumption by idling the car inside an underground or closed parking lot for 10-15 minutes (caution: garage door open). If you smell any burned oil, just walk away. A compression test on all 4 cylinders (a 10 min job) is also good to do before you buy.
Good luck.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Not sure if it's too new/expensive, but I've got a 2005/55 9-3 Aero 2.0T with 46,000 on the clock for sale - asking 6995 but open to offers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts