SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to tune my 2000 9-3 to run on E85. i was wondering if you could tune the stock computer to run on it. was thinking about using T7 suite to tune it. I know ill need bigger injectors, higher flow or inline fuel pump, and FPR. i just have never done anything tuning wise so ill need most of my help on that side. as things go on, ill be, hopefully sooner than later, doing a 2.5-3in full exhaust, highflow or no cat, and depending on availability, a bigger turbo. im not trying to get 300hp but i would be happy with 250 or so.
i mainly want to use e85 because its about $1 cheaper most of the time. so i figure with a good tune, i should be able to save some money on gas.

also, does anyone know if saabs here have the lean cruse tuned in. most US cars dont have it for emission reasons but i would like to save myself a few mpgs with that tuned in.

ill probably start off just getting t7 suite and tuning it for normal premium gas and then as i go on, tune if for e85.

any comments good or bad welcome.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Just so u know u get worse mpg with e85 I have a stg 4 e85 tune and the worst I've seen it is at 10mpg and best it about 18 or 19 my average is about 13 or 14, all depends on how u drive, so it prob works out to be the same as gas if not worse. I did e85 tho for extra prower not fuel s economy

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my s10 is a flex fuel vehicle and i use it in there so i know i will get worse mpgs. i want it for the extra power and because it cheaper. when i use it in my truck, i get 16 mpgs over my normal 22. but my saab gets average of 26-27 so i dont think it will drop to 13 -14 average, granted you are at stage 4 tune.

the only weird thing is that gas prices dropped here for the time being and right now e85 is 3.19 and premium was about 3.69 so its really not worth it if it stays that way. normally premium is about 3.99 around me when e85 was 3.25 or so.

what do you do for the e70 winter blend? or do you not drive it in the winter?

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Prices by me are always changing but I just got this tune about 3 months ago, and I'm pretty sure it was e70 when I started I can't say I noticed much of a difference but I am gonna get another tune but for gas in the winter and just swap my e85 tune back in after winter

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Also u have t7 I have t5 so I think ur better off than me because I think they can make ur tune like flex fuel not a 100% but I think so talk to JZW he did my tune And always answered my fifty questions and was a great help with any issues

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ive been over reading everything i can on the trionictuning.com site. i guess i can for now just load an e85 tune on the ecu for now till i learn how to really tune an ecu. ill see what those guys over there have to say about it once i learn how to actually learn how to use the t7suite program.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts