SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see that there is a 2001 Aero suspension selling on the saabnet classifieds for $350. How difficult is it to replace the suspension. Is anything else needed besides a good jack/jack stands, star wrenches, ratchets, etc? Aftermarket options seem considerably more expensive. I could probably sell my stock ones for some minor profit and do it fairly cheaply. Will the car handle oddly with the lowered suspension and my 16" alloys? The radius around the tire is about the same isn't it? The aero 17's are 215/45 and the 16's are 225/55.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
How do you know that you are not buying buggered springs and shocks, if they were so good why were they taken off the car. Has the car they come off been in an accident. Sorry I'm a sceptical sod. They are probabaly great!! :confused:

Finn :)

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
gto47 said:
Will the car handle oddly with the lowered suspension
Depends on how worn it is I guess. :confused:

If its in good order, then no, its fine, I wouldnt recommend used shocks though, sorry :cry:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You make a good point. I still wondering what effect lowering the car will have. What other aftermarket spring/schock manufacturers are there? The only one i've heard for on Saabs is Bilstein.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
I had the Aero kit fitted to my SE, it was the saab kit, brand new including shocks springs and antiroll bars, it was better than standard but not "tight" enough especially as the power levels climbed ;)

I still have the shocks and antiroll bars but have upgraded the springs, she now has H&R's on the rear and Eibachs on the front (long story) she rides fantastic but the handing is spectacularly improved.

So I'm happy with the aero set up, with the stiffer spring ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts