SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Thanks! I've wanted to hear what the BSR sounds like for some time and now I'm convinced that I want one! Is this shot with your BSR filter installed or is it the generic that is more quiet/deep?

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
hey crazy, try using your seat belt next time ;)

How did you hold the video camera, steer, and shift anyway?

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It was tricky, but I did it. :lol:

And I always wear my seatbelt, but for some reason I didn't when I took this clip.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Automaggot, do you have an exhaust system or a muffler on your car? Sorry if you mentioned it before. Havent been following up!

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I haven't decided yet. I don't really want to increase the cabin noise, so I'm thinking of leaving the resonator and maybe just doing an axle back. In either case, my muffler's been ordered by the shop, so it'll be done some time next week.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Excuse me for all the questions: So basically all you are doing is adding the muffler right? Or you are changing the pipes from the resonator from a 2.25" (I think thats stock) to a 2.5", with a muffler? Cause I am thinking of doing a straight 2.5" while eliminating the resonator, with a muffler. I might go with Remus (www.remus.at).

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The piping will be changed to 2.5" between the cat and the resonator (or between the flexpipe and the resonator and between the resonator and the muffler.

Remus looks nice, but it's expensive as hell.

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
SS said:
Are you gonna remove the cat and make it straight all the way?
This would be tricky business, and I would not attempt it until I had some real-time data from the pre- and post-cat O2 sensors. You can get this kind of feed from a CAN-bus scan tool.

T8 monitors the voltage from both O2 sensors and probably the difference between the two values. Eliminating the cat would obviously affect only the post-cat reading. You might be able to get by with an O2 sensor emulator in the post-cat position, but you would still have to know the voltage.

Removing the catalytic converter on a street vehicle is probably illegal in all 50 states. You can never be sure about Alaska.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts