SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi everyone!

I want to buy a 1995 saab convertible manual car from someone, but it has problem with convertible top, the saab dealer told me:
Tappeau control modual...$1350.00
two trunk microswitches...94.50 EACH
driver side cover flap $ 120.00
and plus some labor fee, more than $2200....
Obviously I can not accept for this cost, I'm thinking an interesting thing:Is there any ways can I change this power top to manual top? maybe it will save me a lot of money..
It seems it's not a big problem,just throw away some complex parts and only keep the cover and something to fix the convertible top^_^, but maybe I'm wrong...
thank you very much

·
Registered
1,996 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you for your reply,I will look for the used parts,and I still have interest to change the power top to Manual top, is it possbile?anyone has same experience?

·
Registered
10,348 Posts
I can say with almost 100% certainty that no one has converted a 1995+ Saab convertible to a manually operated device.
There is a way to manually raise the top in an emergency, but you are never supposed to lower it manually.
Unless it's free, I would pass on this car and keep looking. Many Saabs in ME.
What does the dealer want for it? He's going to sell you a car AND THEN sell you $2,200 in repairs? Shouldn't he fix it and THEN sell it?!?!
Forget this dealer....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh, I just want to have a full inspection before I decide to buy this car from someone(not dealer), no one try to change power top to manual top? maybe I'll be the first...^_^, if we find a way to chage, that'll be great for saab owner and nightmare for saab dealer!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts