SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so the fuel pump went out on the 98 900se, and i got a walbro 190 cheap from a friend

anyone put one of these in there saabs before, and if you have anything special you needed

i'm just asking cuz i noticed on someones sig they had a walbro 255, which is somewhat similar to the 190.

·
Registered
11,140 Posts
mfyoung said:
so the fuel pump went out on the 98 900se, and i got a walbro 190 cheap from a friend

anyone put one of these in there saabs before, and if you have anything special you needed

i'm just asking cuz i noticed on someones sig they had a walbro 255, which is somewhat similar to the 190.

The Walbro 255 is similar to the 190 in that they're both made by Walbro....:) They'll have pretty different results, depending on your car's HW and programming

·
Registered
11,140 Posts
Yes.....

No kit necessary. Search the boards for fuel pump installation

You can choose to drop the tank to remove the pump cover, or cut an access hole yourself. From there, the process is the same.

You might want to pick up a Haynes manual soon, though....

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mike saunders said:
Yes.....

No kit necessary. Search the boards for fuel pump installation

You can choose to drop the tank to remove the pump cover, or cut an access hole yourself. From there, the process is the same.

You might want to pick up a Haynes manual soon, though....
yeah i've been kicking around the idea of getting a haynes manual, but i'm too lazy to find one lol

anyways i just wanted to know if i need a kit for it, yeah i've already searched and i saw that it fits

so just gotta go pull out the old pump and get the 190 from my buddy, too bad i have all these tests or i would have done it already lol!

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
what do you plan on doing to the car where you would need a new fuel pump? cuz out of curiosity?

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
He said his died.
If I could pick up a 190lph for cheap, I'd do it too.
a 255 will over-run your FPR/return line I'm sure, though.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
G96nt said:
He said his died.
If I could pick up a 190lph for cheap, I'd do it too.
a 255 will over-run your FPR/return line I'm sure, though.
shows how well i read posts...lol,
but yeah a 255 you will need a new fpr...if not most cars run pig rich cuz it's letting in too much fuel...190 work well from what i have seen on these cars, and dont require new fpr's

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ryan33 said:
shows how well i read posts...lol,
but yeah a 255 you will need a new fpr...if not most cars run pig rich cuz it's letting in too much fuel...190 work well from what i have seen on these cars, and dont require new fpr's
yeah i have a 3.7bar fpr but it was running way to rich

flames were plentiful

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ryan33 said:
that'll do it...do you have a staged ecu or no?
no i don't believing in paying ppl to do what i can, i.e. i'm working on a megasquirt system for the saab right now

i'm just not 100 percent sure the direct ingition is gonna work, my buddy ray thinks it is tho, its really just a matter of me finding time to put the megasquirt in and have time to tune it,

the only problem is that i'm basically working and going to school or studying right now, so not alot of tinkering time, i'll prop get around to it at winter break

i'll post pics when i do it if i remeber to bring a digital camera lol

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
mfyoung said:
no i don't believing in paying ppl to do what i can, i.e. i'm working on a megasquirt system for the saab right now

i'm just not 100 percent sure the direct ingition is gonna work, my buddy ray thinks it is tho, its really just a matter of me finding time to put the megasquirt in and have time to tune it,

the only problem is that i'm basically working and going to school or studying right now, so not alot of tinkering time, i'll prop get around to it at winter break

i'll post pics when i do it if i remeber to bring a digital camera lol
i felt the same way, i said **** it, and took the saab back to stock and now just focusing on the galant vr-4 i was working on...but yeah i would like to see what you have come up with when the time comes for the tuning...

p.s..i know what it like to be in school and have no free time...lol sucks!

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ryan33 said:
i felt the same way, i said **** it, and took the saab back to stock and now just focusing on the galant vr-4 i was working on...but yeah i would like to see what you have come up with when the time comes for the tuning...

p.s..i know what it like to be in school and have no free time...lol sucks!
well i'm going to try and be lazy about this one, i wanna save up for some 262 cams, i think if do that than i can basically use a previously written system that ray did for his dsm

·
Registered
610 Posts
Ryan33 said:
i felt the same way, i said **** it, and took the saab back to stock and now just focusing on the galant vr-4 i was working on...!
yo *****... whats up ryan... did you end up selling that clutch? how have you been?

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
byastremski said:
yo *****... whats up ryan... did you end up selling that clutch? how have you been?
yo whats up brent, yeah man everything sold and the car is back to stock and really slow...lol! just had alot of school to deal with lately but other then that everythings been cool...first time ive checkin in a while, and i see there are alot of new faces on this site, lol...

hows your car doing?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts