Registered
5,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #222

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #224
@ hyrobl

Just wondering if what I posted was of any use to you.

·
Registered
300 Posts
So I ended up buying one of these about a month ago for my 9-5. My question now is, the people that do Open SID and need a combi adapter, if we have one of these VXDIAG OBD scan tools to USB, can we communicate with Trionic7 software using the tool or do we still need to use the combi adapter?

·
Registered
300 Posts
It seems as though a lot of people have not really posted any information on this regarding people actually using this tool which is kind of a bummer.

I decided to plug the tool in my car last night before leaving work and it communicated with the car pretty well. One of the first things I really wanted to do is get rid of the most was the headlights staying on on all three switch settings.

I did clear my Cat converter CEL but you can do that with anything. I did test out the interior light settings and I think it was pretty interesting setting having the interior lights dance around during programming and activating.

I wanted to know if we could use the VXDIAG tool to work along side with the T7 Suite since the scanner seems to communicate with the modules in the 9-5. Looks as though that I am going to be the one to have to try and find that out myself too.

But for some eye candy, I have uploaded a picture of me turning off the daytime driving lights since when I had bought a set of LED headlights, it came with LED daytime lights as well. Just need to sand and polish my headlights

Attachments

·
Registered
300 Posts
Well I haven't gotten into all of the functions but I was able to look into the modules that I was looking for and see what it could do. I got into a module where it talked about marry/divorce.
Since I have the drivers of this device on my computer, I'm going to see if the scanner can establish a connection between the car and the Trionic7 Suite. I have a spare ECU and I just want to see if I can read my current ECU and copy then write to a second ECU.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I bought this guy
VXDIAG VCX NANO Multiple GDS2 and TIS2WEB Diagnostic/Programming System for GM/Opel https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01NACTAY8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_U13TCb5AA2X46
Installation and configuration is confusing. If you buy it just show patience and be willing to learn. I specifically got it because I did not like the issues that everyone was having with the techII clones that I've been hearing about.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have never head that someone managed to replace tech ll with vxdiag. But will order it and check

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #235
Life has gotten in the way again - will give it another go soon though.

Yeah, we all know how that is. Hope to hear good news.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

221 - 236 of 236 Posts