SaabCentral Forums banner

181 - 200 of 236 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
VCX Nano doesnt work reliably for any Saab at this point in time....
Well... I have VCX Nano about week. I`m using 9.250 bin.
I can do in my 9-5 2006:
- turn ON SID2 (trip computer, alarm, speed warning etc): function: again SID programming in 6 steps. This was the main reason why I bought VCX! :)
- after that I locked my radio. Two days later I found out that I need to put VIN in SID. Radio started to work again during this VIN installation. I was sooo happy after radio turned on :)
- read all DTC and delete them
- configure/activate/change options in DICE, AC, SID,ECU...
- read all parameters, signals, read Trionic, start adaptations in AT, check fans etc..

I can not:
- read ABS (need to check again!)
- marry radio
- proper finish SID programming with "OK" message. I need to turn off Tech2WIN after interface stop flashing with blue led.

When I try get into marriage (IHU) option I have a message:
"NO COMMUNICATION WITH SYSTEM
Check vehicle selected... Check workshop manual 3.5."
And nothing more I can do.

- didn`t try SPS (don`t have GlobalTIS yet), I`m afraid of hard lock (immo-keys, etc)

But it`s not working very smoothly. After "Establishing communication" I have an error that there is "NO COMMUNICATION, No communication with brakesystem. Check K-line and brakesystem ECU."
After that I have to click OK. Than nothing is happening about 10 seconds and then... starting communication and voila... I`m in!

Someone from Poland don`t have any problem with his 9-5 2002.
This is his video...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4SkQHVTWDI
He can do anything. Including integration with SPS, Globaltis and WIS!

My Tech2WIN is working with Win 7 64 bit.
I try to install everything in VMware (and VM Virtualbox) but I can not run interface at all. I`m "in contact" with produces but they replied to my to try restart computer!! LOL! ENGINEERS! :)

I tried to connect with my brothers 9-5 1999 but I can`t read anything. It took me only 5 minutes, I have to try again.

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #183
I can do in my 9-5 2006:
- turn ON SID2 (trip computer, alarm, speed warning etc): function: again SID programming in 6 steps. This was the main reason why I bought VCX! :)
- after that I locked my radio. Two days later I found out that I need to put VIN in SID. Radio started to work again during this VIN installation. I was sooo happy after radio turned on :)
- read all parameters, signals, read Trionic, start adaptations in AT, check fans etc..

I can not:
- marry radio
- proper finish SID programming with "OK" message. I need to turn off Tech2WIN after interface stop flashing with blue led.

- didn`t try SPS (don`t have GlobalTIS yet), I`m afraid of hard lock (immo-keys, etc)

But it`s not working very smoothly. After "Establishing communication" I have an error that there is "NO COMMUNICATION, No communication with brakesystem. Check K-line and brakesystem ECU."
After that I have to click OK. Than nothing is happening about 10 seconds and then... starting communication and voila... I`m in!

This is his video...

I try to install everything in VMware (and VM Virtualbox) but I can not run interface at all. I`m "in contact" with produces but they replied to my to try restart computer!! LOL! ENGINEERS! :)

I tried to connect with my brothers 9-5 1999 but I can`t read anything. It took me only 5 minutes, I have to try again.

Well that is some encouraging news! What version is the firmware and software on the nano itself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well that is some encouraging news! What version is the firmware and software on the nano itself?
I have only updated firmware after first run. It`s 1.2.2.9 (vcx.bin). VCXSDK is 1.4.1.0.
I`m using software which was on the CD added to package.
I can not run VCX nano under the virtual machine (checked on VMware 12 and Oracle VM). Only regular Windows 7 32 bit can handle my interface right now.
Under the VM I have no white tables in Tech2win with interface to choose.
This weekend I try to connect with 9-5 `99 again.

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
I have just retested with the following configuration on my 2004 9-4 convertible with the same I-Bus errors as always. I can get Tech2Win to launch and see the VCX Nano interface with no issues as always. I can get the OBD2 functionality to work fine (High speed bus I'm sure). The VCX.BIN is a newer version released 07212016.

Mac running a WinXP VM via Parallels 11 (I know it is a VM but it seems to be OK unlike some other VM's)
Tech2Win 2.302 (cracked)
Saab Global TIS (cracked)

VCX.BIN Ver 1.2.2.9
VCXSDK ver 1.4.1.0
GM GDS2/T2W 2.2.0 160708

So it still seems as though even with this latest update that the bus speed issue is still just that, an issue. Admittedly, Allscanner has not said that this update will cure the issue.

I have a pretty old Hitachi laptop that I may try to resurrect with Win XP and try and do some non VM testing. I do not really think that it is an issue as it is working as a OBD2 scanner via T2W in the VM. But hey you never know ...

·
Registered
835 Posts
I can do in my 9-5 2006:

I can not:
- marry radio

This is his video...

That guy is using a Windows 10 on top of that. Am tempted to get one for my 08 Aero.

@Avguy are you sure, its not your VM the problem. Try loading a Win 7 or test.

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #187 (Edited)
That guy is using a Windows 10 on top of that. Am tempted to get one for my 08 Aero.

@Avguy are you sure, its not your VM the problem. Try loading a Win 7 or test.
I am fairly certain the VM is not the issue as others running native have had the same exact issue but I do intend to test with another machine. I can run Win 7 native on this Mac via Bootcamp so that may be what I try first as the old laptop has not been run at all for a few years:roll: so I don't know how that will work out.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I am fairly certain the VM is not the issue as other running native have had the same exact issue but I do intend to test with another machine. I can run Win 7 native on this Mac via Bootcamp so that may be what I try first as the old laptop has not been run at all for a few years:roll: so I don't know how that will work out.
Hello AVguy,

The cracked Tech2win does not function in a VM environment. Hold the mouse pointer over the red out arrows between the car and the Candi and you will see (Not Supported in a VM).

Need to run the system natively.

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #190
Hello AVguy,

The cracked Tech2win does not function in a VM environment. Hold the mouse pointer over the red out arrows between the car and the Candi and you will see (Not Supported in a VM).

I believe this is not always true as I am not getting that error at all on my setup.

I'm running Mac OS X on a Retina Macbook Pro. I have Windows XP Pro SP3 running as a VM in Parallels Desktop Ver 11.2.1. When I hover there it just says "Candi" with nothing about not supported in a VM. Perhaps Parallels has better driver support than other VM's and T2W does not realize that it is running in a VM so it works. :D

I will say I have previously used it successfully on a 2009 GM van with this configuration so I do not think running it it Parallels is an issue at all.

So it turns out the old laptop I was going to test with has a bad HD anyway. Also the Win 7 install on my Mac is 64 bit so that will likely be a pain as well.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Hello AVguy,

I guess this only applies to a Windows PC.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Denied Access to VXDiag Forum!

I am still not able to post on the VXDiag Forum. I have sent several emails and I have received zero replies. They are giving me the cold shoulder big time.

I guess I shouldn't of threatened to ask for a refund!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I also can not make a topic on VXDIAG forum. There`s no admin reaction after register.

Anyone has a vcx.bin with 1.2.2.4 firmware ?

I have an info that with this firmware nano worked fine with 9-5 2002. After update to last 1.2.2.9 there are communication errors and hard work with Tech2Win.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Any news with the VXDiag being compatible with the Saab 9-3 yet?

I still can not access the VXDiag forum and they are not responding to my emails!

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #195
Yeah they have seemed to become unresponsive. And their entire forum is locked from new posts still. I did get one response from George on the MHH forum a bit over a week ago . I will try and copy and paste that response here later.

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #196
So this was my most recent communication with George at VXDIAG/AllScanner:

AVguy Wrote:
@george0306

Has there been any progress on the low speed single wire CAN (GMLAN) issue (2003+ Saab 9-3). As you have heard from myself and others there seems to be a CAN communication speed issue. The VCX Nano appears to be attempting communication at 100K when it should be at 33.3K for this application. This seems as though it should be a simple fix in the driver and can be verified without needing a correct year and model car to test with as the speed can be verified via other means. As has been said before there are many Saab owners who would be willing to Beta test any possible fixes for this issue.

Please advise as to status of this issue...
Dear Sir,
Thanks for your inquiry. It was not problem of speed issue, it was problem of software version. As you know, reply from one of customer, he tested:"It worked yesterday with Saab 9-5 2006 (9.250 bin, with problems but it can read trouble codes and make some config)."
He used the attached softwares, we can't test it because we don't have way to make lease renewal for that version tech2win.

I later replied:

The Saab 9-5 does not have the I-Bus connection (GMLAN/SWCAN - Pin 1 on the DLC connector) as such it is not comparable to the Saab 9-3 in this aspect. Several people have indeed reported a speed issue on the GMLAN/SWCAN while trying to use the VCX NANO on a 2003+ Saab 9-3. This has been verified via test equipment (oscilloscope and CAN analyzer). Can I suggest that a test driver be produced that would let an end user choose which speed they would like to use for the GMLAN/SWCAN connection so that this can indeed be tested? There are several of us who would be willing to test such a driver. Alternatively can the bus speed be set in some other way say via editing something in the registry if a test driver cannot be produced? Since you have no cars to test with and several of us do this would seem to be the most expedient solution to answering the question as to whether a solution can be found.

Another question, is the chip that is used for the GMLAN/SWCAN bus (TH8056 KDC A8) used for any other bus or pins other than SWCAN on pin 1 of the DLC? And what is the default speed it is set to? The TH8056 KDC A8 is capable of 100kbs speed as well as 33.3kbs.

It would seem that this is a solvable problem that will just take just a bit more time and effort on your companies part. Believe me when I tell you that you will sell MANY of these to Saab owners if this is made to work.

Regards
So it seems they may be giving up on this issue, but it is hard to tell.

I might have to get a Tech2 at this point but I really would prefer that this would or could work.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Hello AVGuy,

By VXDiag's actions, maybe they did give up, maybe the language barrier keeps them from understanding what you have asked them, or maybe there engineers are inexperienced to not be able to make a driver that will accommodate the low speed option so the VCX Nano will work.

Before you go buying a Tech 2, consider buying the Mongoose, it hasn't skipped a beat for me after using the right OS platform. I know it is much more reliable and compact.

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #199
VXDIAG/AllScanner seem to be ignoring this at this point. Which is just really unfortunate as I am convinced that the hardware part of their solution would work if they could get the software right.

181 - 200 of 236 Posts