SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever change the seals on 2.8turbo? My seals are leaking oil not super bad but since half the car is apart would like to change them. Anyone know where to get them other then dealer. And has anyone ever change them?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Anyone ever change the seals on 2.8turbo? My seals are leaking oil not super bad but since half the car is apart would like to change them. Anyone know where to get them other then dealer. And has anyone ever change them?
It's a beast of a job. I dove in to attempt it not too long ago and decided to just tighten the bolts instead. You have to remove the turbo charger which involves 47 steps all by itself! I bought a kit from RockAuto for $26.79 that's just sitting in my garage until I can get the courage to take it on:
https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=2650550&cc=1433174&jsn=8

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you talking about the 4 seals for each camshaft position actuator?
No actual seals for the spark plugs and tubes. But I've figured everything out i changed all the valve cover seals. Got new crankcase sensors, new seal and gaskets on timing cover. Big job but almost done. Since I'm doing the whole front suspension on it as well. Couldn't resist the good prices on rockauto.com so might as well when half the car is taken apart.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts