SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well finally after 2 weeks, the tuning shop finally had its dyno back to working order, so I decided to go put down some numbers. I had a pretty long drive to get there, and its possible the car was thoroughly heat soaked, but heres the scoop.

Stock: [email protected], [email protected]
Vtuned: [email protected], [email protected] (peaked at 266)

I also did a top speed run to find out where the limiter is, and sadly its set at 130. It would do no more.

Here's the video. The magnaflow setup sounds glorious!

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
interesting I cant see the vid at work but i will def check it out when i head home. Thanks for posting up numbers cause info is scarce for dyno numbers on any tune. So what do you have for a set up compared to the stock run?

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wagon, the numbers are low because i'm running a 91octane version of the tune, and vs stock, I gained nearly FIFTY horses. It was hot, the car was heat soaked for sure (I had been driving around for more than an hour in the heat before getting it dynoed) and running on 91.

Dynojet dyno.
Exact mods are, 2.5in FMIC, K&N filter, Magnaflow rear mufflers (stock piping), DensoIridium spark plugs at factory gap, and thats it.

if i'm supposed to gain 20hp (which I can feel I do) with the 93 tune, that puts me at 260+ to the wheels and thats where i'm supposed to be.

Oh, and my car is automatic, dynoed in 4th gear, in the M mode

·
Banned
590 Posts
Yes there are gains but the TQ seems to be what is low. And the HP peak drops off 600rpm lower than stock. If you happy that is all that matters.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes there are gains but the numbers are still low. The TQ seems to be what is low. And the HP peak drops off 600rpm lower than stock. If you happy that is all that matters.
yes, thats a byproduct of Vtune (I bet yours does it to and you'll see when you get it on a dyno). the power is still 35-40 over stock at redline though.

·
Banned
590 Posts
yes, thats a byproduct of Vtune (I bet yours does it to and you'll see when you get it on a dyno). the power is still 35-40 over stock at redline though.
I don't have a vtune but my tune HP also drops off a early. I though vtune specialty was to keep the HP peak around 5500. Be great if you can find another stock version of your car to go on that same dyno. Your TQ seems low. How much difference is there between a 91 vs 94 tune in regards to TQ everything else being equal?

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't have a vtune but my tune HP also drops off a early. I though vtune specialty was to keep the HP peak around 5500. Be great if you can find another stock version of your car to go on that same dyno. Your TQ seems low. How much difference is there between a 91 vs 94 tune in regards to TQ everything else being equal?
Should be a lot, but I haven't gotten it on the dyno. I will soon though.

And no. The stock turbo runs out of breath at 5000rpm because you can see the torque drop off after 5k pretty rapidly.

The other thing I should mention is even from Brian, the 91 and 93 tunes are completely different.

·
Registered
201 Posts
For me, the absolute number tell nothing... but you have gain over 31% over your stock number !

If your 184 whp = the 250 bhp stock, your 240 whp = more than 310 bhp...;ol;

An automatic is really hard to have an accurate reading on a dyno because of the converter. The important is the difference on the number between your 2 pull. If you take the same 31% (because of the low reading of your first pull) that meen you are now at approx 314 whp...

In the DSM world, the automatic have ALWAYS innacurate reading...
:cool:

·
Banned
590 Posts
For me, the absolute number tell nothing... but you have gain over 31% over your stock number !

If your 184 whp = the 250 bhp stock, your 240 whp = more than 310 bhp...;ol;

An automatic is really hard to have an accurate reading on a dyno because of the converter. The important is the difference on the number between your 2 pull. If you take the same 31% (because of the low reading of your first pull) that meen you are now at approx 314 whp...

In the DSM world, the automatic have ALWAYS innacurate reading...
:cool:
One thing you missed is that there might be something wrong with his car before the tune. 184 is low Be cool if another stock Aero could dyno there as well

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looking over some other dyno sheets (for comparison) something really stood out. The curve on my stock dyno doesn't look like it should specifically the torque curve. It peaks at 2500rpm, but drops pretty sharply after that, not holding flat as advertised. Anyone have an idea as to why? I know it could be a billion factors but i'm just curious.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I apologize, I never posted a picture of the dyno results.

These are the first 2 pulls, my 3rd pull had the above peak numbers.

Attachments

·
Registered
510 Posts
Max,

Congrats and great video, we have a while before the Wife's goes out of warranty though, so until then its just go fast bits like intake, exhaust, etc.

Very promising for us though, thanks

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
torque line is pretty beefy there is that big dip but it looks good though overall nothing out of charecter hp looks to hold after the major dip which is good. what kind of dyno were you on again?
dynojet. I just wish the torque held out another 1000 rpm :cheesy:

Now, maybe this has something to do with it or not, on my first run, we did the initial warmup of the dyno and the ESP and TC was still switched on, and I wasn't able to switch it off before he started. The car got very angry and threw the Traction control failure, stability control failure and ABS failure along with the lights on the dash. so we continued. Do you think this contributed to the low output on the stock run? I'm still maintaining that this car was really hot on all the runs.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
dynojet. I just wish the torque held out another 1000 rpm :cheesy:

Now, maybe this has something to do with it or not, on my first run, we did the initial warmup of the dyno and the ESP and TC was still switched on, and I wasn't able to switch it off before he started. The car got very angry and threw the Traction control failure, stability control failure and ABS failure along with the lights on the dash. so we continued. Do you think this contributed to the low output on the stock run? I'm still maintaining that this car was really hot on all the runs.

With my experience on the dyno (a total of 3 times, and about 20 runs on this car), even when I turn the traction control off it likes to throw those codes. Then they go away after about 10+ miles of driving normally.

I dont think the ECU/TCU (once turned off) has anything to do with your low numbers. It could just be the dyno, there are those that inflate and those that deflate the ego. I have a friend and depending on what dyno numbers you go by, he either has a 550HP mustang, or a 475HP mustang.... What is more important is the gain you see. And with gaining about 60WHP, id say you are probably right in line where you should be. Dont get hung up on peak numbers. That is a problem everyone seems to have...

·
Banned
590 Posts
With my experience on the dyno (a total of 3 times, and about 20 runs on this car), even when I turn the traction control off it likes to throw those codes. Then they go away after about 10+ miles of driving normally.

I dont think the ECU/TCU (once turned off) has anything to do with your low numbers. It could just be the dyno, there are those that inflate and those that deflate the ego. I have a friend and depending on what dyno numbers you go by, he either has a 550HP mustang, or a 475HP mustang.... What is more important is the gain you see. And with gaining about 60WHP, id say you are probably right in line where you should be. Dont get hung up on peak numbers. That is a problem everyone seems to have...
I personally believe real life numbers like trap speeds at the track are the bottomline. Line them up and run them. No dyno Queen nonsense.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts